Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am JP, new to community. I am in process of buying a 1993 XLH 1200 and am trying to register it on my HD profile. It keeps rejecting the VIN. The Progressive Insurance guy questioned it also. Dealer closed today. Once again it is a 1993 XLH 1200 with 90th Anniversary Paint..What is wrong with this number. Can someone help? 1HD1CAP14PY217030? Thanks for any insight. JP
PS I have had about 8 Harleys and (years ago) metrics. I went with the old Sport cause it has low miles and clean. Also lighter in weight and I don`t get to ride much. Thanks again!

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Welcome!!
Actually your not welcome here. We have one JP already and he is a hand full!!

Alright alright....maybe your allowed...:rollin

Anyway, I don't think you can run a VIN without a dealer or insurance company so I don't know if we can help? Not sure on this though. Other then asking the dealer again or finding a different one, are you sure it is the right number?
Did some older guy give it to you without his glasses on? Are YOU an older guy without glasses on?? (I'm just busting on ya)

In all seriousness though, it could be as simple as that. Maybe a letter or number is off.

Welcome to the forum, sorry I couldn't resist picking on you

The number looks right... it is 17 digits, has CAP in it (1200 H)

I dunno!!

Look closely at this page....something doesn't seem to jive in that number. The letters are in a few different places here...
(I would have copied it but the site won't allow it.
http://www.harley-performance.com/harley-vin.html

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the number on my sales contract and title app., bike is still at dealer, I guess I`ll give it a rest til tomorrow and call. I`ve looked at this id page and others and have not been able to ID the issue. JPJ

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum. From what I decipher, your vin is correct for a 93 XL1200. I'm guessing one of the last 6 numbers got transposed. It's Memorial Day, and the brown liquor has been poured a few times, so I could be all wrong.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts