Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The names Corey, dont have a bike yet just looking for advice on how to decide what bike would be good for me. Im 6'3" 250 lbs. I really like the Iron 883 but from what ive seen in the internet im way too big for it haha. Any input on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Welcome from Hilo, Hawaii. Go to dealer and sit on the different bikes to see which one feels best to you. IMO the 883 would be to small. But it's up to you, buy the bike that you want.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome from PA! Being 6'4" and 240lb my self, you would look as dumb as I did when I rode my buddies 883, just way too small! Look at some of the softails, the Heritage Classic, Fatboy, Dyna etc. Or even one of the big as a house Electra Glides, hell, get a trike even :) Good folks and good info on this forum!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome from WNY!!

Nobody can tell you what bike is best for you, only you can. Go test ride as many as you can, and make a educated decision.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Welcome from Amherst. You won't know what is right until you sit on it. Good luck!
If this is your first bike, a riders course might be the best place to start.

·
2,327 Posts
All of the above. You just have to try them. Welcome from New Hampshire

·
SoundMan
576 Posts
Welcome from LI NY. Just remember get what you want and like and don't worry about what anyone else might think or say.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
Go to a dealer when they have the demo truck there, and try several different models.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Welcome from eden nc nobody can tell you what bike is best for you, only you can. Go test ride as many as you can, and make a educated decision.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome from a fellow New Yorker. I'm of short stature and agree the 883 is probably to small. You'd be more comfortable on a Dyna or Softail.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dutchess County N.Y. +1 on all the above suggestions but think you may like the Softail or Dyna lines.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from central Florida...go sit on 'em and test ride as many as you can...then ask yourself what kind of riding you plan on doing...the answer will hit you square between the eyes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts