Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site and new to Harley but not new to riding in general. I kinda had a 2009 soft tail deluxe fall in my lap so its been pretty fun and may have turned me from Victory to Harley. Anyways.... I am 6'3 and I do feel pretty comfortable on the bike but I would like to be able to have a more forward lean somehow, Any recommendations as to how to do this?

·
Banned
71 Posts
New to the site and new to Harley but not new to riding in general. I kinda had a 2009 soft tail deluxe fall in my lap so its been pretty fun and may have turned me from Victory to Harley. Anyways.... I am 6'3 and I do feel pretty comfortable on the bike but I would like to be able to have a more forward lean somehow, Any recommendations as to how to do this?
Adjust or replace your bars.

·
Indian Larry
9,198 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
I'd recommend putting some miles on it before changing your bars. You may get used to that stance and like it!

·
2,327 Posts
All the above. Welcome from New Hampshire.

·
luv the low country
20,330 Posts
My:2cents. At 6'3" if you do an all day ride on your Deluxe, riding posture is everything. After a 100 miles and leaning forward you'll put a lot of pressure on your neck and lower back. I found that was the case on my Road King so I swapped out the stock bars for reduced reach bars.

Welcome to the forum from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
My:2cents. At 6'3" if you do an all day ride on your Deluxe, riding posture is everything. After a 100 miles and leaning forward you'll put a lot of pressure on your neck and lower back. I found that was the case on my Road King so I swapped out the stock bars for reduced reach bars.

Welcome to the forum from Conway, SC.
The difference might be if you have a windshield or not.

The forward lean counteracts the pressure of the wind on your chest.

I've been riding with drag bars for nearly 30 years now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts