Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
name is Harvey km. The km is because I like to ride and not just stare at my bike. I always had metric bikes until last December. Wife always wanted a Harley, so we bought one. It is a 2014 Heritage Soft Tail Classic. Had the goodies installed. Only put 8 miles on it so far. Snow and cold weather, waiting for April. As far as the KM the last bike was 2014 1300 v star tourer. Bought the bike at the end of July 2014. Rode this bike for 10 months and put just over 17,000 miles on it, hence KM.
Hope to get some good feed back on questions I might have. My last three bike I put a car tire on the back. How safe I felt with the car tire. Has anyone have done this with the heritage yet? If you have tried a car I would like your thoughts and tire type and size?

Thanks

P.S.
Not to ruffle any feathers about fuel additives, I posted my finding on this sight. Seafoan does not control water like you think it does.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. Please elaborate and enlighten on your statement on Seafoam.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Welcome from Savannah GA. I too would like more on your issues with Seafoam.

·
Life long rider
138 Posts
Welcome. I'm curious about why you would want to put a car tire on your heritage. Is saving a few bucks worth it? MC tires , for the most part, are gripper - softer compounds where the tread rolls up further to grab the road in the curves. I too put on many 10's of thousands of miles per year. With that many miles on a bike I want to be safe as possible... 200 bucks every 9k miles or so for a new rear tire isn't that bad...

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Welcome. I'm curious about why you would want to put a car tire on your heritage. Is saving a few bucks worth it? MC tires , for the most part, are gripper - softer compounds where the tread rolls up further to grab the road in the curves. I too put on many 10's of thousands of miles per year. With that many miles on a bike I want to be safe as possible... 200 bucks every 9k miles or so for a new rear tire isn't that bad...
Agreed

·
Just Ride
3,255 Posts
KM because you ride? That's brag not fact. Haven't wore out the rear tire and you're asking about going to the darkside. Do the research like you did with seafoam. Post those results.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seafoam

Welcome from Conway, SC. Please elaborate and enlighten on your statement on Seafoam.
Hi
Everyone here thinks seafoam is the greatest. Yes it does help clean out some carbon but so transmission fluid. Seafoam according to the make will control water. The vehicles that I use at the most get 5 gallons of gas usually every three to four years. They sit outside when not in use. One vehicle needed a new gas tank and pump assembly because it rusted out and it had seafoam put in the tank every three months. Installed the tank and added 5 gallons of fresh gas. Followed the instruction on the seafoam can and add that amount. Every three months add more seafoam to all the tanks. reason for doing this is tanks are rusting and fuel pumps are failing and I don't have a budget to keep replacing these items. If you read my post on the experiment the students and myself conducted prove that seafoam after a short time cannot control water which leads to rust. It has been 4 months and the K-100 still has not separated from the water or ethanol all others did.
Use what you want but I know what I will use in all the vehicle at work, personal vehicles, and my new Softail.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts