Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FREE THINKER
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Newbie here to the forums. A little about me:

Decided to go out and get my license and take the MSF course 8 years ago. Passed #1 in class out of 12 and only female. Went out and purchased a 04' 1200 custom used. Loved the bike but left feeling taken advantage of. Purchased it from a harley dealer that had no morals apparently and not knowing any better, I never got the bike really "fitted" for me (I'm a voluptuous gal but only 5'2). I rode it a couple times, felt unsafe, got depressed and sold it. Purchased a Vulcan 500 and still, I guess the bad experience I had with the HD hung over my head and I sold the Vulcan as well.

I have always gone to bike rallies, etc. by myself and still do (been married 3 years and hubby has no interest in the bikes and having no support system makes it even harder). I recently have been riding on the back on 2 friends bikes to get me going again and to see what I have been missing. Now at age 41, I am getting my "groove" back and in the near future will be taking a refresher course and then finally owning my dream bike (Softail Slim, Deluxe or a Switchback).

I will search for info that already might be posted but if not and I need a more "personal" answer, I will start new threads. Be safe!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome! I am also from SE PA. The PA sponsored safety courses are great for going over everything from basics to things to watch out for in eveeyday situations and covers some advanced riding techniques.

Good luck shopping for your dream bike. Test ride a lot of them and you'll know which is right for you.

Sent from my MB520 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
567 Posts
Welcome from TX....

·
FREE THINKER
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome and making me feel at home. Look for my posts which will mostly be in the GENERAL category for now and I'm looking forward to learning and making new acquaintences. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts