Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone!

After being invited to this site by FireDawgStew, I browsed around and like what I see.

I bought my first Harley when I came back from 'Nam in 1970, been riding in one capacity or another ever since. Old and retired now, my motorcycle career included a while spent in law enforcement as a motor and traffic officer, an MSF Instructor and Harley-Davidson's State Safety Coordinator for the State of Texas, and being a member of the Governor's Motorcycle Safety Advisory Committee.

I still enjoy riding as much as I ever did, but the ole body is not what it once was, so currently my riding is limited to days when I can get out of bed and the body doesn't hurt too much. Hopefully that will improve as time goes by. Old injuries from 'nam, hitting a deer on my Ultra in 2003, and a recent round of 40 radiation treatments to fight off cancer all seem to be doing their best to keep my riding at a minimum.

Married to my wonderful wife Stacy for 25 years, we have one son who is in his last year of college. We owned the county newspaper here for 25 years, sold it and retired a few years ago.

Besides Harleys, my other favorite activities include handguns and cameras.

Hope I'll be able to contribute here, already see a few familiar faces from other boards. Looking forward to seeing some of you down the road one day ! :ride

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Dave!!! Hopefully you posted in the Texas thread where you live...or else I'll be coming back to find out!!! Rob and I are in Carrollton, TX. :)

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
DaveT... Nice introduction. From your service, your marriage, your interests, your treatments. May it go very well with you and yours. I also have a wife for 25 years and a son in his last year of school. Looking forward to the reports from your camera.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone !

sfarson, we do seem to have a lot in common..... :ride

I even had a Road King a while back ! :D

Niiiiiiice. It was a Road King rental out of Cincinnati, riding down to Memphis to see a friend, when I said to self "Self, this is a nice bike!" Been thinking RK ever since.

Remember when I noted my affinity for farming pics and your E-Glide N. Texas ride next to a field? Here's a beanfield in Tennessee just north of Memphis. Maybe boring to many of you but refreshing to someone with a bunch of hills in the way here!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there res2cue !

Where's those pics of your FireFighter Edition ?

Folks here need to be wowed too !

sfarson,

I also love those farm field shots, the wide open spaces are actualy foreign to some folks. Out here, it's cotton fields and ranches for as far as the eye can see. When the TV weatherman says we have a front coming in, we can walk outside and usually see it about a hundred miles away. Folks living in New York City or the forests of upper Michigan might not understand that..... ;)

I love that smoky gold color, same as FireDawgStew's RK.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Tire Killer
99 Posts
Hey, Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dave T,

We really do have a lot in common. I flew the junk that probably caused your little problem in Nam, I was an Army Helicopter Pilot in them days. You aren't old, you are just acting like you are, now lets go riding.

Sounds like you are from West Texas, The Panhandle or down near the Gulf Coast, the rest of this state has hills, valleys and trees blocking your view.

Dave "BABY HUEY"

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts