Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not really a newbie as I joined this forum in 2014 but not that good with computers or posting on apps so was not confident that I would not make an ass of myself, if I do I apologise, My bike history is BSA Bantam, 350 Velocette, Norton 88 Dominator, Virago 1100, BMW K1200r and finally the Heritage softail that I have owned for 5 years. I enjoy reading the forum and love the way Harley owners are always ready to give help to riders that are having problems, having said that I have always thought that the biking fraternity in general are a pretty good bunch of guys and girls no matter what you ride, there will always be exceptions but having ridden for 50 years ( I know I am an old fart) when doing my own oil changes the smell of old engine oil etc takes me back to when I was 16 I was an apprentice engineer in Scotland and remember checking contact gaps on the old Norton with cigarette papers, thank god things have progressed! although the Norton was the best bike I have ridden probably due to the featherbed frame, but maybe due to my memory not being as good as it was. Lol . The Heritage takes me back to my youth and I dont have to use Gunk to clean oil drips of the garage floor, wish we had as good sealants in the seventies for the primary chaincase cover on the Dommie, sorry for rambling on, I look forward to reading more tips and advice on the forum.

·
Registered
38,119 Posts
With all the xxx-ton hybrids, there must have been something to the featherbed frame!

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

·
old scoot coot
3,342 Posts
I am not really a newbie as I joined this forum in 2014 but not that good with computers or posting on apps so was not confident that I would not make an ass of myself, if I do I apologise, My bike history is BSA Bantam, 350 Velocette, Norton 88 Dominator, Virago 1100, BMW K1200r and finally the Heritage softail that I have owned for 5 years. I enjoy reading the forum and love the way Harley owners are always ready to give help to riders that are having problems, having said that I have always thought that the biking fraternity in general are a pretty good bunch of guys and girls no matter what you ride, there will always be exceptions but having ridden for 50 years ( I know I am an old fart) when doing my own oil changes the smell of old engine oil etc takes me back to when I was 16 I was an apprentice engineer in Scotland and remember checking contact gaps on the old Norton with cigarette papers, thank god things have progressed! although the Norton was the best bike I have ridden probably due to the featherbed frame, but maybe due to my memory not being as good as it was. Lol . The Heritage takes me back to my youth and I dont have to use Gunk to clean oil drips of the garage floor, wish we had as good sealants in the seventies for the primary chaincase cover on the Dommie, sorry for rambling on, I look forward to reading more tips and advice on the forum.
good to hear from you ochaye. my favorites was a triumph 750 bonneville a 79. i rode it nearly every day for years with very minimal maintenance. i always wanted a 650 bonnie when i was a kid but they were too expensive. those were my metric years. speak up more often and send some pics. we will talk ya through the posting process. enjoy the harley and don't be a stranger.😁

·
Registered
10,669 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another old phart. I had a number of bikes while growing up, then no bikes for 30+ years then 10-11 years ago bought a Harley. On my 4th Harley now LOL. But of all the bikes I have ever owned or ridden, my hands down favorite bike was the '68 Triumph Bonnieville I bought new. Sure would like to have that bike back--in addition to keeping my HD Roadglide of course.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts