Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdie Ya'll,
I am new to this site, I live in Montana and enjoy the few months of riding time we get here. I've been riding bitch for a few years and hope to fix that this summer! lol Don't know what type of bike to get other than a HD so maybe ya'll could help with that. I'm only 5' tall and 100lbs soaking wet so I don't want a real big bike......I'm open to suggestions! Thanx:new

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Best bet is to sit on a bunch and find something comfortable. Sportys sit up pretty high. When trying out bikes for fit remember that you can lower them too. There are some really helpful people on here!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA. Go to several dealers and sit on any that you like. Test ride them too if you can.

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
I also think it is always a good idea to complete a basic rider course with the Motorcycle safety Foundation. Several places actually provide the bike for you and that will give you a better feel for what is comfortable for height, bike weight, and handlebar reach.

·
2,327 Posts
Good Luck on your "sit-ons". Welcome from New Hampshire

·
Registered
594 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Oklahoma; MtHarleyMama. You'll know it when you set on the right one.
Great folks here and tons of technical information to search thru.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts