Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87FXLR. And I’m getting fire to the coil but not the plug. I’ve change the ignition module and plug wires with no luck. Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 1987 Harley Davidson low rider FXLR. And I’m having trouble getting fire. I have fire to the coil just not the plug what to do

·
Retired citizen
22,277 Posts
Try this; connect the plug wires to the coil then stick the plugs into the wires and lay the plugs against the heads so they ground out then crank the engine over. Post back the results.
Also what lead up to this problem ?

·
Retired citizen
22,277 Posts
Please just post once with your specific problem. Multiple posts will get ya ne where !

·
Retired citizen
22,277 Posts
I have an 87FXLR. And I’m getting fire to the coil but not the plug. I’ve change the ignition module and plug wires with no luck. Any help would be appreciated
Do what I said in your other post and give the results. Do ya see the plugs sparking or not ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try this; connect the plug wires to the coil then stick the plugs into the wires and lay the plugs against the heads so they ground out then crank the engine over. Post back the results.
Also what lead up to this problem ?
That was the first thing I tried with the bike broke down. I just put a new starter on it and went for a ride and about two minutes into my ride the bike just completely shut off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was the first thing I tried with the bike broke down. I just put a new starter on it and went for a ride and about two minutes into my ride the bike just completely shut off.
I tried putting a different ignition module and different coil but still no spark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts