Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I'm new here and found this forum while looking to mod stock pipes on my new Fatboy. I'm not new to riding but I am new to owning a Harley. I'm diggin' it totally.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Welcome, you'll enjoy this site.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome to our lil' corner of the Internet!

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome!!! She looks purrrty!!! How does it ride?
I think it rides great. I've heard all kinds of stuff about vibration at highway speeds but I haven't encountered any of that. I've also heard that the seat might be less than comfortable while on longer rides but I don't seem to have a problem. I guess I'll have to see about it when I take it out for longer than a couple of hours.

I guess my only complaint would be the fact that my pipes have turned obscene shades of purple and blue. I know they run hot but I didn't know they would run THIS hot.

I really have nothing to complain about.

Cheers,
R.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I guess my only complaint would be the fact that my pipes have turned obscene shades of purple and blue. I know they run hot but I didn't know they would run THIS hot.

R.
there is a paste called "blue Job" not to be confused with...other stuff. It's supposed to take that blue color out of the pipes.

(Admin, Sorry for the double posting)

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I think it rides great. I've heard all kinds of stuff about vibration at highway speeds but I haven't encountered any of that. I've also heard that the seat might be less than comfortable while on longer rides but I don't seem to have a problem. I guess I'll have to see about it when I take it out for longer than a couple of hours.

I really have nothing to complain about.

Cheers,
R.
I wouldn't say it's running hot. (well not any more then normal) The blueing is probably from it running lean. These bikes run real lean from the factory due to EPA. Down the road, you could remap the 'puter or install a fuel pack to richen it up. it'll help with the blueing and make it run a bit cooler.

Nice bike by the way. :thumb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. I've been looking into a gizmo that will re-map the AF mix but studying the subject is like drinking from a fire hydrant! There's a wealth of knowledge here and I'm trudging through it smartly. In a way, it sort of pisses me off that I paid so much for my piece of American nostalgia only to find myself investing even more money to fix it. Now I'm looking not only to fiddle with the AF mix, but also to replace the pipes.

Ok, I'm done whining and I'm proud as can be to own a Harley!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts