Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am living in South Korea and I want to buy a Harley Davidson V Rod Muscle. I have contacted the main dealer in Seoul and they tell me that you cannot buy this model in South Korea?:bowrofl::bowrofl:

My next option is to try and import one but I do not know where to start. Can anyone help in terms of where is the best / easiest place to import from.....I guess the US would be the obvious, not sure? Also how once I have found a suitable supplier, do I get the bike here and in through customs etc. Will I have to pay import duty etc, etc.

Any help and direction would be most appreciated as I was gutted when I heard that I could not buy one here!:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
83 Posts
You think it's a good time to buy one over there right now?...just sayin!(lol, just kidding, couldn't help myself!) But no seriously, not sure I'm remembering my geography correctly, but I know Guam has a Harley Davidson dealership. Maybe you could start there. Seems like it would be closer than the U.S. anyway.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Hey Gazzelle,

Welcome from Chicago. I love to hear about people in southeast Asia riding Harleys. Tell us more about yourself.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome from Prescott, AZ. You might want to check your customs regs before you buy anything. If you can't buy that model in South Korea, you may not be able to import one either. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Gazzelle,

Welcome from Chicago. I love to hear about people in southeast Asia riding Harleys. Tell us more about yourself.
Thanks for the welcome....I ride a Yamaha Virago 750cc at present looking forward to a Harley though.....just hope I can get what I want. I really need to try and speak to someone here in SK who has done this already and learn from their experience.

I am from the UK been living and working here for nearly 6 years now. I love the place, very simple and the people are so friendly especially if you get away from Geoje island where I live and work.

What about yourself ?

Will keep you posted on my progress to get my V-rod !!

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas! How much longer do you plan to stay? I believe it can take quite a bit of time and money to import. Of coarse it's your time and money, but I'd consider another model before I went to the trouble.
At any rate, I hope you end up with the bike of your dreams!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome from north Texas! How much longer do you plan to stay? I believe it can take quite a bit of time and money to import. Of coarse it's your time and money, but I'd consider another model before I went to the trouble.
At any rate, I hope you end up with the bike of your dreams!!
Hey, thanks for the welcome.....how long will I stay...hmmm depends when I die I suppose? I'm in love so a long time and, I reaaly do want this bike!!

Will keep you update with my progress....cheers :bikerguy:

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
I have been out of town for about a week, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts