Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping you folks can help us out. We're heading to our first Bike Week very soon. We're loading up the King in our cargo trailer and heading south. Having never been there before, I'm hoping that some of you are "Bike Week Veterans" and can recommend some "must sees", and possibly more important, things/places that we should avoid. We're looking to buy some bling for the bike, but I'm sure there will be plenty of vendors to frequent....any advice, opinions or thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Stay off the main roads unless you like sitting in traffic. Get yourself a tourist map at a 7-11 store and use it to navigate around town using the back and side streets.

If you plan on hitting Main Street with your bike, you'd better get there early - like about 8AM, because after that there's no place to park!

The Iron Horse Saloon is a must-see location, and if you get tired of that there's the Bathroom Bar right across the street. The IHS is famous for its burnout pit and the elevated walkway that goes all the way around it.

Those are the first two that come to mind just off the top of my head. There's plenty to see and do, trust me, but get ready for some traffic the likes of which you've never seen before!

And if you get tired of all the traffic in Daytona, get on US 1 North and ride up to Flagler Beach. It's about 25 miles or so north of town, and is a really nice getaway!

Have a great trip!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Bike Week

Frogy's Bar, and the Rats Hole on main street are famous stops. Don't worry about the bling, it's everywhere.
My favorite stop is a weekend earlier over at the Lake County Fair Grounds. It's the AMCA Sunshine Chapter National Meet. Lots of vintage bikes and memorabilia along with a great swap meet. It starts Feb. 27th and runs thru Sunday the 1st. with a great bike show and judging on Sunday morning.

It's not crowded and there are plenty of great roads to ride on the way. It's near Eustis which is only about 20 miles north of Orlando.
Check out their web site. www.antiquemotorcycle.org.

If you like the older Vintage Knuckle Head, Pan Head, and even older Harleys as well as Indians and many other older bikes, this is a must see and a great way to start off your bike week experience. I have a vendors spot in the swap meet area, come by and say hello. I'm right next to the Delcron Battery Tender location. See you there...
Mustang Marvin:nod

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
Just take your time and enjoy it, If you get time head south on I4 and visit Orlando HD they have a lot of stuff going on for their own bike week. Destination Daytona is worth seeing just for it's size. Trouble is the event is getting spread out so far it makes it harder to see everything. Make sure you visit the speedway too, lots going on there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Don't buy anything till you think you have seen all the variations and prices by the vendors. Keep track of which one has the best deal until you know it. Even then you will still say "Wish I had waited" :(

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's awesome! Thanks for the advice folks...we've been told about the Iron Horse a few times before. We figure we'll spend a few days at the "zoo" and then take a nice easy trip down thru the Keys before heading back to Largo and then from there on home. Should be a really nice holiday before heading to Afghanistan in June. Keep the comments coming folks...really appreciate it!

·
Steve
262 Posts
Timely thread for me as I will be making my first venture to Daytona also. Been to Sturgis many times so will be fun to compare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts