Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post from me. I know a few of you already. To everyone else, I like to post news articles about motorcycles, and pictures/ ride videos of trips. Here we go. Feel free to post comments.

Here is a new type of theft to be worried about. The people you live with being held up for your bike:

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2006/Oct/31/br/br1483609257.html

Updated at 11:53 a.m., Tuesday, October 31, 2006

POLICE BEAT
Thieves use roommate to steal cycle

Advertiser Staff

Police are investigating a complaint filed by a Punchbowl area man who said he was kidnapped by two men early yesterday morning and forced to hand over the keys to his roommate's motorcycle, which was then stolen by one of the two men.
The man who filed the complaint said said he was parking his sports utility vehicle in his condominium's garage near Victoria and Queen streets between 2:45 and 3 a.m. when two men walked up to him from behind and began to hit him.

He said the two men demanded the keys to his roommate's motorcycle and that one of the men drew a handgun and pointed at him.

The 40-year-old man who filed the complaint said that after he turned over the motorcycle keys, the two men forced him back into his SUV and drove him around the block. He told police the two men took him back to the condominium parking lot, at which point one of the man fled on the motorcycle and the other jumped out of the van and ran away.

No one had been located or arrested in connection with the case as of this morning, police said.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Educational tools

Reef... thanks for posting. May not want to show this article to your family :)
Actually,
Being the educator I am, I always bring up news stories with my wife so we may learn from them. She now knows to not get out of the car if strangers or a strange car are around. I will make sure that nobody is following me when I pull into the neighborhood, so they don't know where the bike stays.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
BTW, speaking of news stories, my two youngest were in the Platte Canyon H.S. during the hostage crisis 9/27. My daughter was in the classroom below the hostage one. She knew well the six hostage girls including the one taken.

·
Registered
41 Posts
BTW, speaking of news stories, my two youngest were in the Platte Canyon H.S. during the hostage crisis 9/27. My daughter was in the classroom below the hostage one. She knew well the six hostage girls including the one taken.
Steve,
Wondered during all the media coverage if your children were there for that, sorry to here that they were. I hope that they are ok

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Yes... an uneasy day that was, listening for news bits... shots fired, no one hurt, hostages being released one at a time, six girl hostages (OK, that means my son is OK), then daughter on a bus (And we learn she was in the classroom area but was working on the school yearbook), then the tragic end.

Community has pulled together nicely. Sometimes events like this create opportunities for people to give. Sometimes one can find good coming out of the bad. My kids are OK. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Scary stuff, I'm glad to hear your children are fine Steve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts