Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have , in my opinion , officially traded their integrity , moral compass and value of their childrens lives and promise for , not just 15 minutes , but extending it and raising the bar to a full 20 minutes of fame . They were so bought and sold by obama they lost all respect and condolences for their kids...someday they will wake up and apologise to the headstones on their childrens graves...now THAT is sad .

Again , jusy my opinion...

·
Señor Member
19,598 Posts
People will do all kinds of illogical things when desperate, unfortunately. They feel helpless and they are being led astray by politicians who are exploiting this fact. Unfortunately, I think the leaders seek control, not safety.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,016 Posts
My only blame of the New Town parents is allowing themselves to be used as they have in the name and guise of preventing another occurrance of what happened to their children. I do blame a ruthless and unfeeling administration who have time and again shown that they will stop at nothing and nothing is too low for them to stoop who are led by a president who has gone on public record when in the Illinois Legislature and while running for his first term as believing that no US citizen should be allowed to own handguns and even promised as a US Senate candidate that he would propose Federal legislation banning issuance of CWL's to law abiding citizens in other states so that the citizens of Illinois could not be threatened by those gun carrying people from elsewhere.
Is it any wonder that this man who has publicly said he believes the US Constitution is an obsolete document that is in his way of accomplishing his objectives would opportunistically use without shame those grieving parents in Connecticutt?

·
Banned
447 Posts
I was just thinking about starting a thread on this topic.

Let's be clear here. I grieve with the parents. This incident is a horror. I'm sorry too that Gabby Gifford got shot in the head.

But I find it abhorrent that these groups are used as a "selling point" for an agenda that's not worth buying.

The REASON for the Newtown / Adam Lanza abomination is that Lanza's mother had a certifiable delusional psychotic sociopath in her household, and she provided him with access to her weapons. Were she alive, she should be prosecuted as an accessory to a mass homicide.

All these mass shooting assailants have been -- as it turns out -- designated by mental health professionals as being homicidally unhinged. All of them had been barred from campus, reported as dangerous, observed acting in threatening ways, etc.

The solution to this cancer in American culture is to exert some whacko control. "Gun control" does not address the issue.

-- and trotting out the victims of these tragedies as an objective reification of catharsis in abject promotion of a politically motivated and misguided agenda is just plain cynical and self-serving.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,016 Posts
Well said, Xero. My only comment is your last line that says politically motivated (totally agree) but misguided (disagree) agenda. I disagree because the agenda has nothing to do with preventing further gun related incidents but rather control of all of us eventually.

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
People in helpless situations want to feel that they are doing something that matters; they want to make a difference - they want to change what they perceive caused their loss. In many cases, there is nothing that would have brought about a different outcome. That applies to victims of all sorts of loss. From cancer patients to victims of drunk drivers, or victims of violence, their survivors desperately want to feel that their loved one did not die a meaningless death.

In some cases they can make a significant difference. Most of the time their efforts are symbolic. They raise money to cure cancer or a disease that is still with us generations later, still killing. In the case of Sandy Hook, the parents and their sympathizers think that by restricting access to some firearms that they will save lives. They are wrong, but it makes them feel like they are making a difference. Some of them revel in their new-found celebrity status too - sadly.

They ask themselves what they could have done to protect their children. They will live that nightmare for the rest of their lives. In this case comrade Obama has answered their question. His children are not protect by 'gun free zone' signs or unarmed teachers; the president's children are protected by men and women armed with firearms - some of them carry fully automatic weapons.

That is how you protect your kids. You make the next lunatic gunman shoot it out with an few armed adults. Odds are that he won't live to get a shot off at a kid.

It is hypocritical that Obama does not support the same protect for your kids that he demands for his kids. I guess that his kid's lives are more valuable than yours. If not, then I'd like to hear an explanation as to why his kids are protected by armed guards and yours have to hide behind 'gun free zone' signs.

Pete

·
Banned
447 Posts
It is hypocritical that Obama does not support the same protect for your kids that he demands for his kids. I guess that his kid's lives are more valuable than yours. If not, then I'd like to hear an explanation as to why his kids are protected by armed guards and yours have to hide behind 'gun free zone' signs.
Bingo!

If the Prez. really believes in "gun-free zones" (gun-free nations), let's see him make do with a gun-free presidential motorcade, parade, press conference, photo op.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I agree, it makes me sick to see how people will allow themselves to be exploited for a plitical agenda, because they are vulnerable and impressionable when they are still in mourning. Like was stated earlier, I am sure they are just still so in-shock that they are about willing to blame anyone or anything for this happening, and unfortunately, our Idiot in Chief is using this to the Dem advantage on their scheme for a gun ban. So they are convincing....Nay, brainwashing, these parents into believe that banning guns will solve this. When in fact, they know that a gun ban is bullshit, and does nothing but harm the innocents.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
They have , in my opinion , officially traded their integrity , moral compass and value of their childrens lives and promise for , not just 15 minutes , but extending it and raising the bar to a full 20 minutes of fame . They were so bought and sold by obama they lost all respect and condolences for their kids...someday they will wake up and apologise to the headstones on their childrens graves...now THAT is sad .

Again , jusy my opinion...
I agree. I know everyone deals with death differently. Every time I've lost someone I loved, I just wanted to go to a quiet place and be alone. I certainly would not be paraded around like these parents are doing. In fact, it would piss me off for someone to try to use my tragedy for their gain.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
12,807 Posts
Always emphasize whenever you get a chance,

the Dem/Libs and statists in leadership roles are not "misguided" or foolish, or delusional, or idiots,

they are prolific and consummate LIARS AND CHEATS, ego-maniacal self-serving scum

aggressively scuttling our nation, our traditions, our legacy for our children and our wealth

wanton destruction of the greatest nation on earth for their own political gain,

and if that's not treason I don't know what is.

Their drone followers are misguided, foolish, delusional, and idiots.

And usually ego-driven elitists. Fuk'm all. Sincerely.

·
Banned
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This once great country was built on the principle that we took a problem , analized it , then did what was necessary to fix it...:think

Why or what has changed ? We KNOW the politcians are the problem...yet we do nothing...they have played us like cheap violins...shame on us...:bluduh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts