Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if this is somewhere on here didn't see it,but check for saddlebag retainer recall. Manufacturer recall number 0166. My 14SGS is listed

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you go on the 'Harley-Davidson.com" website, and under the "Owners" button, you type in your VIN number, it will tell you all the recalls that pertain to your bike. Select the + and it tells a little information about each.

Not sure what your question was.

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No question just wanted to spread the word. By the way I tried Harley site couldn't get in. Found info on the NHTSA site mentioned above.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Appreciate the heads up. My bike is affected. Calling the dealer today to set it up thanks to you:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
H-d issues recall for saddlebags

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this?

Harley-Davidson Issues Recall for Saddlebags | Baggers

July 15, 2015

The Harley-Davidson Motor Company issued a recall stating that the saddlebag mounting receptacle, p/n 10900009 on some model year 2014 and 2015 Touring family vehicles may not adequately secure the saddlebag to the motorcycle during use.

Safety Risk
If this condition remains undetected, the saddlebag may become separated from the motorcycle while it is in motion, possibly creating a hazard for other motorists.

REMEDY
Owners of the affected motorcycles will be asked to arrange service with an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer, who will confirm that the motorcycle is covered by this recall. If covered, the dealer will install the updated receptacle from the recall kit provided. This service will be provided at no charge to the customer. We strongly urge you to take your motorcycle to your dealer to have the appropriate service performed as soon as possible. Should you choose to ride your motorcycle prior to this service, we urge you to be aware of this condition. Some product campaigns may have expired and you may have to pay for the service. Please see your local Harley-Davidson dealer for further details.

·
Registered
581 Posts
My bike makes the list....again.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts
mine is on it too

·
CRSO
345 Posts
I replaced the bag mounts with the Brukus security screws and backing plates immediately after I bought it last summer; not an issue for me ?

They worked well on my 08 FLHT, so the '14 FLHTK got the same treatment.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Mine is on the list as well but I'm not going to make a special 1.5 hour trip to the dealer to get this fixed. I'll do it when I'm there for something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts