Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, im new to this site but it looks like everybody wants to help others out........ so heres my dilemma. Im getting ready to purchase an 09 night train, but i cant decide between the black denim, vivid black, or black pearl. Iv went to different dealers and looked at the colors in person (and like them all) but am unable to look at them side by side. if anybody has seen them side by side let me know what your thoughts were.

also, im interested in anybodys opinion of how the night train rides.

thanks

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome to the forum. They are all great colors and you really cant make a mistake picking anyone of the colors. Try the eenie meenie minee mo method. :rofl:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I aksed my dealer what was up with the denim color and his reply was it was only primer to preserve the steel from rust till the new owner shot a custom job. I have seen side by side vivid and pearl blacks only...Like the vivid black...I like my paint as wet as I can get.

·
Registered
39,577 Posts
I aksed my dealer what was up with the denim color and his reply was it was only primer to preserve the steel from rust till the new owner shot a custom job. I have seen side by side vivid and pearl blacks only...Like the vivid black...I like my paint as wet as I can get.
Not true, the denim is a paint.

·
OMR
951 Posts
I have the vivid black on a dyna street bob, but I do like the denim as well.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
DENIM YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL W/. Can't wax bike & have to make sure after wash all soap is off!!! Also it fades in the sun.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I aksed my dealer what was up with the denim color and his reply was it was only primer to preserve the steel from rust till the new owner shot a custom job.
Asshat dealer alert.....WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!!

It's primer, covered with GLOSS black paint, then covered with a flat clear coat.

Dealers.

Retards.

·
Go Mets!!!!
15 Posts
I have recently purchased an 09 Night Train in vivid black and love it. To me it is the only black worth looking at. The black pearl changes color (or so it seems) and the black denim looks like primer to me (flat black). This is my second Night Train and the first 96 inch with a six speed transmission. I have always been impressed by how well they handle. The ride can be fine tuned with a little minor tinkering to the shocks. All it takes is a spanner wrench available from HD. As far as the engine goes I think this is the best offering from HD ever. The extra gear makes highway cruising more pleasant and the ratios seem better spaced overall. Plenty of power!

·
The Northern Redneck
7,170 Posts
My 05 is Black Pearl and I love it !!! The vivid black is cool too....The black pearl changes color in different light as it has gold, green and purple flecks in the paint, it goes from a dark greyish look to a greenish look depending on the light.....and it's easy to clean & polish.....

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I got a Viv black sportster thats the only color I know for Harley. Was gonna get a V blk Ultra too. But when WE saw the Blk Pearl I kinda stretched my limitations. You really outa look at em in full sun before you make a decision.:blahblah:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had A 02 Night Train And Loved It It Was A Beautiful Bike. I Had The Black Pearl. Ive Seen The Others Side By Side, And I Still Like The Black Pearl The Best. The Night Train Rides Great, But I Found That After A Long Ride, Leaning Forward To Reach The Drag Bars Made My Shoulders And Back Uncomfortable. But The Bike Really Looks Cool, And After All Looking Cool Is What Its All About. Just Take Some Tylenol Before You Ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts