Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
__
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey all, Thanks for the help in advance.

I have a 2012 XL1200N Nightster with V&H Intake and V&H Short Shot exhaust. All else is not engine related.

Issue: After about 20 minutes of riding a cylinder shuts off. The only way I can get it to come back is to ride at a very high RPM or idle for a little while. The battery has been replaced. Voltage regulator has been replaced. Stator has been tested and reading within allowable ohms (.2-.4) and voltage output. V&H FuelPak tells me the following trouble codes:

P0131 - Oxygen sensor low/engine lean (front)
P0374 - Crank position sensor no pulses
P0562 - ECM Voltage Low
P0563 - No Description
P1352 - No Description

Engine Off: Multimeter reads 13.4 volts at the battery; however, the FuelPak reads the voltage as 11.9 volts.
O2 Sensors on FuelPak read Front: 3.6. Rear: 4.9 right after turning engine off after only 1 cylinder running.
Using 93 octane fuel

After sitting, it will start up just fine and the cycle starts over again.

I have tried many things and have not been able to isolate any issues. Is there a common problem or cause anyone can suggest? I'm at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.
Absolute Pressure: 101

Attachments

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
First thing I'd do is remove the fuel pack, and try it to see if all is well. Also sounds as if there could be bad connections in the wiring possible.

·
__
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The FuelPak was removed when symptoms showed up. Only added to read codes and sensor data when I limped home. Thanks for the replies

·
Retired citizen
22,259 Posts

I have a 2012 XL1200N Nightster with V&H Intake and V&H Short Shot exhaust. All else is not engine related.

Issue: After about 20 minutes of riding a cylinder shuts off. The only way I can get it to come back is to ride at a very high RPM or idle for a little while. The battery has been replaced. Voltage regulator has been replaced. Stator has been tested and reading within allowable ohms (.2-.4) and voltage output. V&H FuelPak tells me the following trouble codes:

P0562 - ECM Voltage Low
P0563 - No Description
P1352 - No Description

Engine Off: Multimeter reads 13.4 volts at the battery; however, the FuelPak reads the voltage as 11.9 volts.
O2 Sensors on FuelPak read Front: 3.6. Rear: 4.9 right after turning engine off after only 1 cylinder running.
Using 93 octane fuel

I have tried many things and have not been able to isolate any issues. Is there a common problem or cause anyone can suggest? I'm at a loss and would appreciate any suggestions.
What does the DVM read with the engine running ? There's quite a disparity between the DVM 13.4v and the FuelPak 11.9v.

·
Retired citizen
22,259 Posts
Voltage matches at 13.4v when running. Still experiencing the issues. Ideas??
That 13.4v doesn't change when measuring from static to running ? The volts should increase with the engine running, 14-14.5v would be normal.

·
Retired citizen
22,259 Posts

P0562 - ECM Voltage Low
P0563 - No Description
P1352 - No Description

Using 93 octane fuel

This might also be a mechanical problem, like a collapsing lifter that pumps up at high rpm and when idling with no load on the engine. That should make some noise but the exhaust might be masking that. OP could try doing a simple compression test when the engine is fully warmed up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Did anyone have that stock ecu flashed ? If so that could be your problem. I would remove the fuel pack and have the ecu flashed to stock oem factory settings. If it still has the same symptoms check the ecu on a multi meter to see if it has the right resistance. If you did all these things and problem persists do a compression test on the pistons.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Did anyone have that stock ecu flashed ? If so that could be your problem. I would remove the fuel pack and have the ecu flashed to stock oem factory settings. If it still has the same symptoms check the ecu on a multi meter to see if it has the right resistance. If you did all these things and problem persists do a compression test on the pistons.

I would do the compression test first. It's easier and cheaper. I always eliminate the easy stuff first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did OP ever solve this problem? I have been having a very similar issue only I am only getting P1352 and I am curious if this was ever resolved?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts