Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 soft tail ..the other day got off of work battery was dead called friend to come jump it for me and bone head hooked up charging cables reverse for a good 30 secs then realized the mistake ..when i tried to crank it nothing from the starter switch ,the relay doesnt even click and is good still ,but no power to make it switch...got code 34 as starter grounded/shorted to tssm or starter relay fubar'd ....relay is fine fuses are good i followed wiring everywhere and found nothing i'm lost. Any ideas on the situation? think the tssm itself got a open when it was hooked up wrong ? no activation of starter relay at all.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Put a meter on the big wire to the starter and see if you get 12 volts when you press the start button. If you do, then the issue would seem to be in the starter itself. If not, then trace backwards with the meter through the starter solenoid and onwards to the switches (start, kill, ignition) to find where the 12 volts goes dead.

ie: start at the end and trace backwards till you find where the 12 volts is going AWOL.

A manual and a wiring diagram would be really helpful :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts