Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i'm brand new on here and in fact brand new to Harley's, I have had many bikes including cruisers but I have recently purchased a very custom fat boy.
The problem I am having is this,
the bike will set off fine but I noticed when I gave it a handful right at the top end I would get a slip, I presumed this was simply my tyre loosing traction and hadn't concerned me, but yesterday I noticed if a little more and I noticed it in 3rd gear again at fairly high revs and only when I gave her a handful,
I thought it may be my primary chain a little loose and as centrifugal force is pushing it out the faster is spins it may be slipping off the sprockets, I have looked today and it seems to be the right tension (as per you tube) and no visible damage to the sprockets.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
loosing drive at high revs

Hi all i'm brand new on here and in fact brand new to Harley's, I have had many bikes including cruisers but I have recently purchased a very custom fat boy.
The problem I am having is this,
the bike will set off fine but I noticed when I gave it a handful right at the top end I would get a slip, I presumed this was simply my tyre loosing traction and hadn't concerned me, but yesterday I noticed if a little more and I noticed it in 3rd gear again at fairly high revs and only when I gave her a handful,
I thought it may be my primary chain a little loose and as centrifugal force is pushing it out the faster is spins it may be slipping off the sprockets, I have looked today and it seems to be the right tension (as per you tube) and no visible damage to the sprockets.
Any ideas?

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Clutch is shot or out of adjustment.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my suspicions about the clutch so thanks so much guys for that and do you have any ideas where i can get a manual for the 1340 evo?

·
Just Ride
3,035 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Get one specific to your bike. Ebay or the Harley dealer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Get the Harley one too. Not an off branded one...

Only thing I would try first is changing the primary fluid to Harley formula +

If someone put fluid in there with the (energy conserving) label on the bottle these oils have slip agents that can cause clutches to slip. I would at least try that before buying parts or going to a shop.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Yes....change fluid and adjust.
Check you tube if you don't know how and do not have a manual yet.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts