Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can't accuse this guy of being a fair weather rider. This pic was taken in Oklahoma during their recent storms.
Wonder what his exhaust sounded like under water...:whistle

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Holy crap!

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I got caught in a flash flood about 20 years ago. I was on my Shadow. It's pretty scary. My trek through the puddle was no where near as long as the guy in the photo. Mine was maybe 40-50 feet at most, but the exhaust was under water.

When I went into the water, I just remember thinking "DO NOT LET OFF THE THROTTLE." My thought was as long as I was blowing exhaust out, the water couldn't go up the pipes. I can't imagine stalling a bike and having to push it out of a puddle like that.

I have no idea if there were any real risks of damaging the bike. How often does something like that actually happen? But, it was pretty exciting for me at the time. I still recall it quite clearly.

·
No Whining
139 Posts
Water Cooled!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Water Cooled!!
Ha!!

Maybe this wasn't the flood but the press release for the new and often rumored water cooled H-D. :rofl:

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
It went from potato potato potato to blub blub blub.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I wonder what kinda tires he has?...

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
That's all kinds of hardcore. I did that quite often on my Yamahammer DT, but not on my Harley. I guess if I got caught out in it, or had to do it to move the bike to higher ground, I would. Just keep the on the throttle...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts