Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike fires up just fine but all my instrument gauges are dead in the water. I checked the fuses and they are all good. Any suggestions?

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
My bike fires up just fine but all my instrument gauges are dead in the water. I checked the fuses and they are all good. Any suggestions?
I will say you either have a loose connection inside the fairing, or a bad fuse. Check all your fuses and relays.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
When you check fuses don't just look at em. Check with a ohm meter. Had one just yesterday on my pick up that was no good but it looked perfect.

·
CRSO
344 Posts
One of the things I've done on my bikes is replace the mini fuses in the fuse block with the ones that have a red LED that lights up when it blows....really helps for fast fault-finding on the road.

Harbor Freight has a set of them (I think they go from 5-30A) in a plastic box...cheap and a good mod.

And before anyone else says it..,do you have an electrical diagnostics manual? I believe the instrument fuse is a 15A in location 1C:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts
check the wireing as it goes arounf the neck. for chaffing. i wraped mine in a piece of inner tube to prevent schaffing. you can also use safety wire & pull the wires away from the steering neck. done this on my '09 triGlige 5 years ago .no problems. also disconnect all electrical connections & give them a big bab of de-electrical grease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts