Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okee dokee all yee; I've had various yamahas, hondas, an 04 V-rod and several Victorys. I currently ride a Victory Cross country which is a pretty awesome bike, but lately I've been thinking Harley! I'm not really sure why, other than it's "the brand" that everyone identifies as a motorcycle, not to mention the dealer network, marketing and the clothes are pretty neat too.
My question is to those that came from a bike with no vibration in the handlebars to something that shakes like the Street glide or Road King. I really love the look of the street glide, but I'm afraid the vibration (at stop) has me apprehensive. Any thoughts?
Thanks all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no Harley

Yes sir, I've been out test riding, all day. That's why I'm concerned. Maybe I want a magic answer. Perhaps it's about spending a week or so on the bike, I don't know. I thought someone who has been pre-harley, having the same concerns could chime in.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
cant help you but welcome to the forum only other bikes I've had was a 650 Bonneville chopped and it was ridged mount and a 850 Norton that I could not keep running and all those were pre 1975 so not sure I can remember that far back

·
Registered
59 Posts
Victory makes a very nice bike.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you're shopping, test ride to narrow it down to a few, then pick the one you think looks the best.

No regrets

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
after you've narrowed down to 1 or 2. Rent one (or 2) for a day (each)

The longer time in the saddle will answer your questions and maybe raise a few. Better to find out before dropping some cash.

I've had several bikes. They're windy, loud, vibrational and buffeting.
That's part of the ride.

Harley has 2 mounting systems. Dyna with rubber mount and no balancer which means it vibrates at a stand still but smooths out as you start rolling.

And the "softail" a rigid mount with a balancer in the engine = no vibration at a stand still.

Ride both then you'll know. My Harleys have been the best bikes so far

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Welcome from Oregon.

They are like riding a big thumper. If you don't like the feeling, and the torque that go with it.
Then I would suggest you look into a BMW or Triumph or whatever.

Quite honestly.
The "Harley experience" isn't worth the buy in unless you just love the bike.

·
because........boobs
57 Posts
I had a 03 Yamaha V-Star 10yrs ago(was affordable at that time of my life), it was not half as comfortable as my softail. Very little to no vibration at a stop on my Deluxe, the bike doesn't wear you down. Love the ride...just my 2 cents

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've had a Honda and Victory Vision I now ride an Ultra Limited and have no regrets or complainants.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts