Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after almost 2 weeks with out my bike its home. new SE comp and new trans bearing. no more howling im a happy camper.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Christmas comes early this year! Hoping you have many trouble free miles ahead and some awesome fall rides. BOL

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well 1st bike had 21977 miles
2nd it would clunk when shutting it down
3rd howling from trans and flakes in oil when I drained it.
comp wasn't shot ,showing minimal wear but I had already bought a new one so I had it installed. auto primary adjuster was crap and it had ratcheted up to tight and that's what caused the bearing failure. I went with a SE manual chain adjuster now.

·
Registered
569 Posts
well 1st bike had 21977 miles
2nd it would clunk when shutting it down
3rd howling from trans and flakes in oil when I drained it.
comp wasn't shot ,showing minimal wear but I had already bought a new one so I had it installed. auto primary adjuster was crap and it had ratcheted up to tight and that's what caused the bearing failure. I went with a SE manual chain adjuster now.
Good thing to know. I was thinking of converting to an automatic adjuster a while back, but heard a couple of people say they didn't work so well. So figured I'd wait a while first. Now that I hear from you what kind of problems they can cause, my minds made up. I'll stick with manual!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Put the Hayden tensioner in my primary and all is good and I still have auto adjust on the primary chain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts