Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost the link , but someone was trying to start a petition to have Mothers and Fathers Day no longer celebrated in schools.

They say it's insensitive to children with only 1 parent (OK , I can relate) and , , , ,

, , , confusing to children with 2 same sex parents!!!!!!

Nope , can't relate! :eek:uttahere:

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
idiots. work around the norm if you must but leave the norm intact

·
Banned
366 Posts
wow man i just typed in a google search ban Mothers/Fathers Day & tons of around the news articles on this from around the world, i noticed it seems happening everywhere theres leftist or communist govs like France & the EU. these types also remove God from everything too.
whats up with the lefts & communisms hatred for God & the family?
heres 1 link Pricey NY Private School Bans Mothers' And Fathers' Days

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats up with the lefts & communisms hatred for God & the family?

Well , speaking as an agnostic (all organized religions are BS and about $$$$) , and stickler for the 1st Amendment almost as much as the 2nd , I do not like being told what god to believe in.

"Under God" was added in (1948?) to the Pledge of Allegience strictly to tick-off the Communists.

What GOD do you want taught in schools? The grey-bearded Old Man walking around in the sky? Mohammed? Buddha? Jesus? Ra? No proof of any one over the other.

And my so-called family wasn't exactly 'The Waltons'.

·
Registered
36,962 Posts
Mohammad Budda Jesus Moses and the rest aren't Gods, they are prophets.

Ra yes, but not the other guys. :D

·
Banned
366 Posts
pb68slab when i posed the question "whats up with the lefts & communisms hatred for God & the family?" i didnt mean to direct it at you if thats how you took it....

it was sumn that was noticed as a trend with leftist & communist gov globally they ban God & try to re-invent the family so the state becomes the father/mother figure (uncle Joe Stalin propaganda). in any event i'm KJV Christian born & raised n i hope that answers your question to my question without starting a holy war.

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh no , didn't take it personally. It's just a discussion , not an argument. I heard too many bible-thumpers and born-again christian types when the Sandy Hook shooting happened , they blamed it on taking God out of the school. Even got banned from one forum I was on for 12yrs.

But it was a PUBLIC school. They can't promote ANY religion over another.

I've got Roman Catholic , Russian Orthodox and Polish Jew in my religious portfolio. No wonder I'm so screwed up!

If ya try to please everyone , no one will like it!

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I'll start a holy war damnit....

How can you NOT believe in God? I'm not talking about organized religion, I'm talking about believing in something bigger than any of us that makes us look miniscule in the grand scheme of life itself.

If we all formed from an amoeba, what created the amoeb and gave it life? Big bangs don't create life, they destroy it......Ask Bill Clinton. :laugh:laugh:laugh

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Banned
366 Posts

·
Banned
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never said I don't believe that there might be something greater.

But I don't know what and haven't seen any proof of any of the things the major religions are $elling , er , preaching.

Most "bibles" have been heavily edited thru the years. Mainly by the Roman Catholic Church. They have tossed out whole 'books' and forbade their flock from reading them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer might be on another planet in another galaxy.

:nod Really!

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
If God is as great and powerful as the Bible says he is, it would almost be asinine to NOT believe there could be intelligent life on other planets in the vast and far-reaching corners of space. And no, I'm not talking about little green men who like to shove rectal probes in you...They could look just like you and me. Who knows? I certaiy don't. But I do believe there's a God, and I do believe he is probably NOT happy with the way the world is turning these days... :nod

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mohammad Budda Jesus Moses and the rest aren't Gods, they are prophets.

Ra yes, but not the other guys. :D
Not wanting to get in the middle of a dispute, but Jesus was a prophet and is God. Jn 1: In the begining was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God. And John 1:14 tells us that the word was Jesus.
Not trying to start anything just want to see Christian beliefs properly portrayed.
As for as Christians and Sandy Hook, I don't blame public schools as much as pathetic parenting and systems that feel an armed teacher is a threat to students.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
If anything, an armed teacher could be a guardian angel in teachers clothing. I think armed CC teachers is a great thing, as long as the teachers don't let the gun out of their site so none of the kids can get to it.

·
Registered
36,962 Posts
Not wanting to get in the middle of a dispute, but Jesus was a prophet and is God. Jn 1: In the begining was the word and the word was with God and the Word was God. And John 1:14 tells us that the word was Jesus.
Not trying to start anything just want to see Christian beliefs properly portrayed.
As for as Christians and Sandy Hook, I don't blame public schools as much as pathetic parenting and systems that feel an armed teacher is a threat to students.

That is one perspective. The Muslims and Jews have a different perspective.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That is one perspective. The Muslims and Jews have a different perspective.
Correct. I was just stating that the Christian belief is that Jesus is God. because it was stated that Jesus was just a prophet. I'm not trying to change anyone's way of thinking, but I should try to properly understand others beliefs if I'm going to discuss them; and I feel that same respect is due my beliefs.
The problem today is that noone is willing to allow someone to have a belief that isnt the same as theirs.
If you don't believe the same as me that is fine I respect your beliefs and feel we can be friends. Hell I love taking a long ride and then sitting back and listen to a person talk about what they believe and why.

·
Registered
202 Posts
If anything, an armed teacher could be a guardian angel in teachers clothing. I think armed CC teachers is a great thing, as long as the teachers don't let the gun out of their site so none of the kids can get to it.

I have felt for a long time that any teacher that wants to carry should have all fees waived in the process of getting a cc permit. Now they need the gun to be concealed and on their person at all times. Not in a desk or purse. But I would feel comfortable knowing most of my kids teachers were armed.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts