Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I go under the knife Wednesday for a major tear in my rotator cuff. Doc told me no golf, no swimming, and no motor cycle riding for 3 to 4 months. This is second repair to my right should shoulder and doc says it is a major tear with 3 tendons detached and muscle damage. What the Hell am I to do for 3 months?

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
you need a sedentary hobby like online solitare
just do the PT
how did you screw it up???? what ever it was (here's the $64 statement) don't do that again.

hang in there, this too shall pass

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,967 Posts
Sorry to hear about the shoulder. That same type injury made me give up baseball years ago. Glad I can still ride, though, and this, you will get to do again. Heal well!

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
You could always take up needle point.

But really sorry to hear about your shoulder. I've been lucky and haven't had to have any surgeries that kept me down for a long time now. About 20 years.

If there is a topic you are interested in study up on it.

·
Former Lurker
3,619 Posts
Learn to wank with the other hand??
Sorry, couldn't help it.
Hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Best wishes and heal fast. At least your in Florida where you can recover then start riding where you left off. Here in NY 3 to 4 months will put us back into snow .... Dam that would suck .......

·
Registered
42,156 Posts
you need a sedentary hobby like online solitare
That's my favorite!

I thought I was the only one that played that! :thumb

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Hope you heal up fast. Been a few years since I had a surgery that kept me down that long. But it sucked @ss. Stock up on scooter and gun mags, figure the other mags are on hold unless your left handed.

Either way, wishing you the best for a full recovery....

·
Indecisive Member
292 Posts
Practice your ghost hand technique? With that kind of down time maybe some upgrades are in order while your down and out?

Best of luck!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks to all that wished me well. It just goes to prove that this is the best forum around. All most of us know about each other is what we read on the forum and wether we agree or disagree we all riders and love our bikes. The wife and I went for a long ride this morning and are going again tomorrow and than that's it. Again thanks to one and all.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts