Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I asked about a week ago that I was not getting a spark to my spark plugs. I checked my coil and ignition module and they check out fine. So I'm thinking that I have the wires that go from the module to the coil hooked up wrong. coming from the module to the coil I have a red, green and brown wire. So here is my question, where on the coil are these wires hooked up? Thanks SKull.

·
Just Ride
3,036 Posts

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
Is it single fire or dual fire? I think it makes a difference in how you wire.

I have an '81 FXWG. I just put a new Accel single fire coil on. My ignition module has 2 red (positive), a black (-) and a white (-). The two red go to the center (+) post and one each to the outer posts.

·
Retired citizen
22,115 Posts
Does the coil have 3 connection studs ? That would be a single fire coil. Dual fire coils have only 2 studs. A stock Shovel is dual fire.

·
Retired citizen
22,115 Posts
'83-'84 FX has red, black and green from the pickup and blue top and 2 white to the bottom coil terminals. Has separate pickup and module.
'78-'79 FX from the timer/pickup to the coil is blue top and 2 white to the bottom of the coil. No module on these model years just the timer/pickup.
Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts