Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and really need help. every thing i have found relating to my problem seems to be on newer bikes. I have a 2004 Fatboy carburated. recentley I noticed smoke coming from under my seat. i found that the postive battery terminal had touched a bare spot on a wire. i replaced the bad wire then all hell broke loose. all kinds of codes, cranked but no start, and my speedo,odometer stopped working and signals would not cancel. yes i have security with push button fob. i had all the codes cleared, bike starts fine now. still no speedo odom, and signal problem. i had two codes-U1097 and P1010 which i cleared. how do i tell if my speedo is shot or what the problem is. btw the speedo does sweep when i do a diag check

·
Retired citizen
24,500 Posts
Remove the speed sensor from the top of the trans and clean any debris that's accumulated on the magnet.
The turns and speedo affect each other.
Also check the fuses with a tester.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks shmidtys. I did the cleaning thing and no difference. All the fuses seemed ok. I will use a tester. Thanks. Im hoping that when the battery touched the wire that it fried the sensor and not the speedo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.