Harley Davidson Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Retired citizen
22,293 Posts
First of all the EFI Harley fuel pumps only run for 3 seconds when the ignition is turned on then they turn off until the engine starts.
Did you check for codes yet ? The procedure is in a sticky in the electrical section.
Post the codes and we can diagnose the symptoms from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a 2007 Harley-Davidson Sporster XL. Everything is fine with her ex-cept the Fuel Pump will not come on at all. All the fuses are fine. Checked all cables and wiring. Even with a Parameter for where all the Plugs plug in. The Fuel Pump come on every-time when i hook it stright up to the Battery. But i hook it back up to the Plug. Nothing. But with the Parameter is shows there is Power. I am Lost right now. Does anybody have any Ides? Thank's.
I have the same bike and the same problem. Do have 12 vdc on a pin of the tank plug when I push the kill switch. Let me know what you find. Mine was running find and then I got stuck on some sand afterwards it will crank but no fuel pump noise and no start.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Unless the bike fell over, when you got stuck in the sand, there would be no connection. But if it fell over, the tip-over switch could have activated and stuck.( it.s a ball that rolls over contacts and turns off the bike to prevent pumping fuel all over hell and half of Texas after a fall.)

61 - 63 of 63 Posts