Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, got a 98 Dyna Low Rider... Recently put in a Primo Rivera pro clutch...took te bike for a little spin, bike ran great but the primary sounded like a little knocking inside... Not loud but noticeable... Is that normal, does the new clutch have to break in or anything like that

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Was everything torqued to spec and chain adjusted to spec I've ran pro clutches for years and never had any issues

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Only other thing I can think of is if the hub was pressed into shell properly and bearings turned free can sometimes be a pain

·
Just Ride
3,254 Posts
Does it knock at idle? In gear?while you're riding?

·
Retired citizen
23,358 Posts
Does it still make noise if coasting with the clutch handle pulled in ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I put in the ATF, it knocks at idle & I really can't tell if its knocking while I'm riding, exhaust too loud..... Just tightened the chain in the primary, it seems like its at the highest point, I have the automatic chain adjuster or whatever the hell it's called.... But yeah it seems like I raised it to the highest point and there's still some play on the chain

·
Just Ride
3,254 Posts
Just wondering if you're hearing your clutches rattling.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just started it up again & took it for a spin... Don't hear it anymore, so I guess the chain was too loose.... Thanks for the input fellas!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts