Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to throw this out to the Breakout owners. So what's the verdict on your bike? Are you happy with your purchase? If you could roll back the clock, would you still purchase this bike? What do you like and dislike about it?

I am in the market for my first Harley, and the this bike really caught my eye, and I would like to hear some feedback from actual owners.

Thanks in advance!

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Try one and ride it. I sat on one and disnt like the handle bars... so much i didnt take it for a ride. Other then personal pereference, id say its a great bike. I love the style, just not comfortable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
I love mine,i like the drag bars.there not as narrow as the night train .I can see how not everyone is gonna like it though..id say def ride it before you buy though.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I think it is a great looking bike and I would be interested in what people think after riding it for a while too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I rode one during an HD demo day, along with 9 other bikes...went back the next day (Sunday) and rode only the Breakout. I thought I wanted a bagger, but 3 demo rides on it over 2 days had me hooked. I traded in my 48 Sportster the following Wed. and have put about 800 miles on it in 3 weeks. I've added V/H slip ons, but otherwise it's stock. I've extremely happy with the comfort and handling. I'm 6' with a 34" inseam and the bike fits like a glove. The 240 tire seems to stabilize the bike in curves and I love the looks it gets. My dealer (Smokin in W-S, NC) had all three colors in stock, I watched them roll them on the showroom floor and laid claim to the black one. My advice, go ride one then ride your bike and anything else you can throw a leg over...then get back on the Breakout...you'll know what fits you when you find it. Ride safe!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for your feedback. I'm hoping to get a chance to test ride one this weekend. If all goes well, then my next challenge will be deciding on which color to get!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
My '13 BO is my cruiser. My other bike is a '12 ZX10R. The BO is my comfortable bike for longer rides! It handles very well for what it is, especially when compared to the other wide tire bike I rode, a Big Dog wth a 300 rear and a bit more stretch.

I just need to get the exhaust/intake/tuner added next week and it will be about perfect, in my mind, as a cruiser.

JJ

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
I thought they where ugly as hell from the pics. that I had seen.........but when I saw one at the dealer...it's a damn good looking bike...needs some mods. to get it where I would want it but nice anyway...I would change the bars, pipes, but I do that on every bike anyway....

·
Registered
33 Posts
love mine, Vance and Hines slip-ons, getting the heavy breather kit and replacing seats with the sundowners..... got a lot of questions at MB bike week...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm test riding one in a week and a half. Most likely going to buy it anyway. I can change the bars if I don't like them. That's no problem. Love the way it looks. My only drawback is the placement of the speedo. But I suppose I could get used to that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't like the stock exhaust sound or the lack of aftermarket parts on the market since nearly half of the softtail
parts aren't interchangeable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Stock exhaust sucks, that's for sure. I got mine with a set of VH Big Radius 2x2's, SE Heavy Breather, and I'm ordering a set of BCT baffles. I can't wait for the pipes to come in and I can finally go and pick up my new ride.. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I appreciate all of the feedback. I would love to hear the prices that people are paying, not including tax & licensing of course, since that will vary from state to state. Also, has anybody purchased a Breakout with the ABS? If so, how do you like it?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts