Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy,
I have a 2004 1250 turbo Roadster and a 1969 Suzuki T500 cafe.
I likes long walks on the beach and ......blah, blah, blah

·
Registered
679 Posts
Lol long walks on the beach...
(And make sure you add yourself to the Texas Registry, in the Members Registry section...)
Where is Friendswood????
And Welcome to the Forum!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol-where is Friendswood????
(And make sure you add yourself to the Texas Registry, in the Members Registry section...)
And Welcome to the Forum!!!
friendswood is a smidgen south of Houston, prolly same distance north from Galveston. in the middle, yeah, thats it, the middle of the two:dance

·
Registered
679 Posts
friendswood is a smidgen south of Houston, prolly same distance north from Galveston. in the middle, yeah, thats it, the middle of the two:dance
Gotcha- I understand now!! I hadn't ever heard of there before!!! We are just North of Dallas...

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
howdy,
I have a 2004 1250 turbo Roadster and a 1969 Suzuki T500 cafe.
I likes long walks on the beach and ......blah, blah, blah
Maybe eHarmony pointed you to this site? :)

Lived in Conroe years ago. Probably about the same distance north of Houston as Friendswood is south. Well... maybe in 1977 when I was there.

Welcome, and what is a 1250 turbo Roadster?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe eHarmony pointed you to this site? :)

Lived in Conroe years ago. Probably about the same distance north of Houston as Friendswood is south. Well... maybe in 1977 when I was there.

Welcome, and what is a 1250 turbo Roadster?
the Roadster part is from it being a 1200R and the 1250 is the size of the motor now that it has Axtell cylinders and high compression steel forged pistons. Has stage 2 headwork from Nallin racing heads, has 585 red Shift cams, mikuni 42 and Thunderheart programmable ignition. The turbo kit is one I made based on a Warner-ishi RHB-52 and when I re-install it I will be using it "blow through" style now that I'm running the Mikuni .

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
the Roadster part is from it being a 1200R and the 1250 is the size of the motor now that it has Axtell cylinders and high compression steel forged pistons. Has stage 2 headwork from Nallin racing heads, has 585 red Shift cams, mikuni 42 and Thunderheart programmable ignition. The turbo kit is one I made based on a Warner-ishi RHB-52 and when I re-install it I will be using it "blow through" style now that I'm running the Mikuni .

Ahhh. gotcha. Bet that thing is a real turtle on the road. Yeah right!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like no slouch!!! Welcome!!
Post numbers/dyno sheets if you can!
don't have any, the only time on the dyno was an intro run w/o any timing changes or tuning and we really never got it running right, kept running out of fuel, but at 4k rpm's we were in the 89 hp range with 3 k more to go with the stock motor. when running properly it should have been in the 100+ and thats starting with a 74 hp stock motor. I do know in second gear it spun the 150 tire like it was on ice.
I did a nasty rolling burnout on my cul-de-sac street.
Now with the current motor mods, I should be in the 100 range now and with turbo should easily do 130+ on pump gas and low boost. With race fuel and higher boost I can prolly lay down in the 150+ range.
Real world is I dont race it, I just like to feel the pull through a gear every once in a while, and I have really enjoyed how the new motor is running, this cold season, I'm gonna re-install the turbo and I'm kinda looking forward to riding it and its performance.
I also have a wet NX kit for it, but its sitting on a shelf too.
Heres to hoping it holds together:D

·
Registered
411 Posts
So you going to blow-through the HSR42, right?
Have you got everything you need to do that - just asking, coz a long time ago I made my own home-brew blow-through turbo system for my old 1100 Katana with Mikuni RS slide carbs. Being my first attempt, it was an exponential learning curve!!!
If you need any pointers - just holler!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you going to blow-through the HSR42, right?
Have you got everything you need to do that - just asking, coz a long time ago I made my own home-brew blow-through turbo system for my old 1100 Katana with Mikuni RS slide carbs. Being my first attempt, it was an exponential learning curve!!!
If you need any pointers - just holler!
I am indeed gonna re-install as a blow through system.
I am all ears sir and would value your input and knowledge.
Thanks indeed.
Things on my "to Get" list:
1. smaller oil pump for turbo, I used an industry common scavenge pump for the looped or separate turbo oil system, it is kinda beefy but adequate, I know there is smaller out there, need one.
2. a small electric fuel pump, common to lots of fuel injected bikes stock, need research and get me one.
3. Any ideas for the connection to the mouth of the 42 carb. I can fab something up, just havent set my mind to the design yet.
4. small BOV and flange

I wasnt going to intercool, as with running small boost, 8# is all thats needed, heat soak shouldnt be to much of a worry. Plus, I dotn have a lot of room for one anyway:)

again, I appreciate it.
Tim

·
Registered
411 Posts
You will need a fuel pump - nothing big, just enough to give you more pressure than you will boost. You will also need a fuel pressure regulator that will keep fuel flowing at about a pound more than manifold pressure.
Definitely you must contact Mikuni and get a needle and seat set that will handle the higher fuel pressure - from memory ther are three different sets - do some enquiry, let me know.
Kuryaken make a nice billet piece (hypercharger kit, but individually orderable part no.) that clamps onto the back of the 42 and has a three-bolt pattern to which you can mount your custom fabbed plenum - might also want to check out thier breather set-ups and bracket to bolt through head breathers and secure carb!

Hope that get the ball rolling...and turbo blowing!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You will need a fuel pump - nothing big, just enough to give you more pressure than you will boost. You will also need a fuel pressure regulator that will keep fuel flowing at about a pound more than manifold pressure.
Definitely you must contact Mikuni and get a needle and seat set that will handle the higher fuel pressure - from memory ther are three different sets - do some enquiry, let me know.
Kuryaken make a nice billet piece (hypercharger kit, but individually orderable part no.) that clamps onto the back of the 42 and has a three-bolt pattern to which you can mount your custom fabbed plenum - might also want to check out thier breather set-ups and bracket to bolt through head breathers and secure carb!

Hope that get the ball rolling...and turbo blowing!
I've got an adapter that bolts to the face of the carb and heads, just be easy to make something to that.
The R of R regulator is an easy find, as is a fuel pump, I just have to start the ball rolling. What we call winter is coming closer and time to tear it apart and re-install the turbo is looming close, I need to get busy assembling parts needed.
I also may order a different set of cams, I think the 585's may be a bit to much overlap for a turbo application, although, in the rice world, they are making decent power with NA cams under boost.

·
Tire Killer
99 Posts
Welcome, To another gearhead.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.