Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
This side of CRAZY
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have done the searches (smart huh?) and cant find the answer to my question. So here goes...

On the newer FI bikes, with True Duels, if I were to add a high flow air cleaner will I have to get the ECM remapped? Or will it "learn" like the ECM on cars?

Please forgive the Noobie style question, I am still learning the 2 wheel life.

·
This side of CRAZY
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, with the answer that I was given. Is it safe to presume that all high flow intakes are essentially the same? IS there one out there that out performes all the others? :feedback:

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
So, with the answer that I was given. Is it safe to presume that all high flow intakes are essentially the same? IS there one out there that out performes all the others? :feedback:
I'd argue that any cone style one flows the most, and any others flow about the same. Hyperchargers don't flow well though...

Unless you have a stage 3+ engine, I don't think you will notice any difference from one aftermarket cleaner to another...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
You can run an aircleaner with stock ecm with no problems. But as to the new fi engines running lean from the moco. It would benefit from a good tune or atleast the stage one download or xieds. I have the stage one download and xieds with air cleaner and slipons and it runs cooler and doesnt use the rear cylinder shut off hardly at all. But its your engine and up to you.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts

·
This side of CRAZY
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on this post. The gentleman I purchased the bike from said that he had it dyno'd and tuned when he put the true duels on it. Now, I am not sure if I can put the air cleaner on it or not. Guess its a trip to H/D to ask the service people.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I just added a HD Heavy Breather along with the Stage 1 Flash Upgrade to my '11 SuperGlide Custom that already had Rush slip-ons and I noticed a significant performance change.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Update on this post. The gentleman I purchased the bike from said that he had it dyno'd and tuned when he put the true duels on it. Now, I am not sure if I can put the air cleaner on it or not. Guess its a trip to H/D to ask the service people.
What fuel controller was used to tune it?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Really doesn't make any difference whether he had it dynoed or not. You can still add the air filter without doing anything else to the FI. The computer has more than enough range to handle a filter.

·
This side of CRAZY
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@chasarms, I am not really sure.

I did purchase the S/E K&N airfilter. The only diffrence I can tell is sound.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts