Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There I said it. I was holding out hope. Always have. It is a pain in the ass to live in a state where you love where you live but despise the people who run it.
To make a long story short, with the help of a few forum members, (I'd list them but I don't know if they would care or not. They can call themselves out if they want) I crafted a letter to Dictator Cuomo about the safe act. About 2 months or so later I finally got a response, if you even call it that.

Here is what I sent,

Governor Cuomo,

I am very concerned with many of the new regulations in your gun control bill. The first point that I want to mention is the new rule in the bill that states that we can keep any ten round magazines that we have, but can only put 7 shots in them. There is no logic in this part of the bill. Anyone that is willing to take a life, willing to kill a human being, willing to risk going to prison for life isn’t going to care that they put ten shots in their magazine even though the law is seven. When a person is willing to commit a felony (murder, armed robbery, forcible rape, etc.), how is a misdemeanor bullet capacity regulation supposed to prevent them from putting ten bullets in their magazine and stop them from committing a felony? All that regulation does is stop law-abiding NY citizens from having ten shots in their magazines. This section of the bill, therefore, doesn't actually help the law-abiding citizen, but rather, it puts them in danger. If that same law-abiding citizen is in their house with their three kids and a heavily armed robber breaks in, do you really want some child’s mom or dad to have only seven shots? I know I don’t. I want to see that that person has the greatest advantage he can over that criminal to protect his family. This is just a hypothetical situation, of course, but these things do happen all of the time in our state and states across the country.

The largest problem with your bill is the type of weapons that it bans. According to “FBI.gov,” two-percent (2%) of the violent crime that is committed in the US is committed with rifles. What the government defines as an “assault rifle” is only a subset of that. You are creating a ban that will affect less than two-percent (less than 2%) of violent crime. Does that really make sense? Governor, do you really think that controlling guns in this way is going to stop lunatics in our society? When someone has lost their own will to live, and is willing to take the lives of others before they finally kill themselves, there are no gun control methods that can stop them. If they want to create havoc and destruction they will, whether it be through the use of knives, bombs, baseball bats, or anything else that can kill people. There needs to be a focus on stopping these mass shootings before they happen, by finding destructive people before they destroy themselves or others.

All we hear about is how guns are used by people for bad things. What about all of the good they have done? What about all of the innocent kids guns have saved and all of the crime they have stopped? No one looks at those statistics and those instances. I ask you, Governor, where does it end? First, it was explosives, fully-automatic weapons, and now it is this. There are, of course, certain things that are unnecessary for citizens to have, but if you take away the rights of US citizens you weaken the strength of the country as a whole. Banning guns only threatens both the external and internal security of the country.

New York is embarking upon a pathway that will not lead to a strong future for the state. As Hitler once said, "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let’s not have any native militia or native police." Why are we adopting Hitler's ideas into our own free democracy? He aimed to disarm his enemies citizens to conquer them. Why are we disarming ourselves then?

Hitler was not the first to think of disarming its citizens though. In 1911 Turkey disarmed its citizens and from 1915-1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians. looking at what Turkey did, Russia decided to try the same methods. From 1929-1953, Russia's leaders murdered 20 million of their own people. After disarming its citizens in 1935, China killed 20 million of its citizens from 1948-1952. After disarming its citizens in 1938, Germany killed 16 million Jews across its territory from 1939-1949. After WWII people finally saw the immense destruction that the disarmament of citizens caused. Because of this the death tolls have gone down from countries that have disarmed citizens. In the 1970's Cambodia killed 1 million of its educated population. Guatemala disarmed its citizens I'm 1964, and then from 1964-1981 killed 100,000 Mayan Indians, destroying what little of their population was left. Finally, Uganda disarmed its citizens I'm the 1970's and proceeded to kill 300,000 Christians in the country. Gun control may sound good to many in theory, but there are more than 58 million murdered people throughout the world who would say otherwise. When you take away the guns you take away the power of a country, and when that is your own country nothing good can come of it.

Thank you for your time and I hope to receive a response to this letter.

And the picture is the response.....If you call it that.

·
Noel
7,366 Posts
Your letter was great, the Governor's letter as written by the coffee secretary was boilerplate pap.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,009 Posts
Excellent letter. I'm guessing Cuomo will never see it, but that's the shame of it all...and he's obviously arrogant enough to blow it off anyway. Don't let up...keep bombing them with this and make sure the local newspapers get copies in lettters to the editor sections of the local rags.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Wow....Basically he just gave you a big middle finger, and doesn't give a shit. He's just another pawn in Obama's game of trying to rule over us, instead of work for us in our best interests. Obama has people in high-positions everywhere that are all getting back-pocket greasings for their help to him...

It's some scary shit.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Can't read it.... too small for me, tried saving it and blowing it up but that didn't work for me either....

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
It's not even a letter from his secretary....It's from his ASSISTANT DEPUTY secretary... :laugh

And it basically shows that they didn't read his letter at all, but chunked it in the shredder, and just wanted to thank him on his support for the current gun bills. :laugh:laugh:laugh Which is how I KNOW that they didn't read his letter. Either that, or they wanted to be smartass' b/c they didn't have any good rhetoric to come back with to answer his questions he posed...

Which would be my first guess...

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
The letter is as follows...

============================

April 2, 2013

Dear XL1200R,

Thank you for your letter to Governor Shitwizard Pimplenutts. We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding the New York SAFE ACT. To build a stronger, better New York, we need the participation of citizens like you - sharing your comments and concerns. Your concerns will be taken under advisement as this new law is implemented.

For further information about the NY SAFE Act, blah-blah-blah-blah-buh-blah-blah...

Again, thank you for your letter.

Sincerely,
Stupidfat Dumbitcz
Assistant Deputy Secretary for Public Safety

=============================

What a crock.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The letter is as follows...

============================

April 2, 2013

Dear XL1200R,

Thank you for your letter to Governor Shitwizard Pimplenutts. We appreciate you sharing your concerns regarding the New York SAFE ACT. To build a stronger, better New York, we need the participation of citizens like you - sharing your comments and concerns. Your concerns will be taken under advisement as this new law is implemented.

For further information about the NY SAFE Act, blah-blah-blah-blah-buh-blah-blah...

Again, thank you for your letter.

Sincerely,
Stupidfat Dumbitcz
Assistant Deputy Secretary for Public Safety

=============================

What a crock.
To the letter!!!

The picture is a little small, sorry for that. I couldn't get it to upload to the gallery so it is a link from my google+ so maybe that's why it is small...

I will write this as a letter to the editor I never thought about it. But first, a little humor

Apparently he is going after himself....
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Now that's funny!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
i like mongo44 translation better. looks like the reply letter i got from fienstupid.....":blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:fu{k you"

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,009 Posts
i like mongo44 translation better. looks like the reply letter i got from fienstupid.....":blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:fu{k you"
Sort of makes you want to write back with: "Yo, B!T(#, is that all I get from your sorry A$$? This is going straight to my brother in law who runs the local TV news.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Sort of makes you want to write back with: "Yo, B!T(#, is that all I get from your sorry A$$? This is going straight to my brother in law who runs the local TV news.
That would definitely make them think twice....

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
781 Posts
"Your concerns will be taken under advisement as the new law is implemented."
Implemented!?
Don't you take things under advisement PRIOR to implementation? So to translate, "Your concerns mean absolutely NOTHING to the governor and we are IMPLEMENTING this law regardless. Suck it!"

·
Try'n to behave
5,523 Posts
They list the phone number for the NY State Police on there (1-855-529-4867) with the note that if you have any questions to give them a call. I say we blow it up and ask all the questions that were asked in the letter and wait for acceptable answers.....might be waiting awhile but....

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They list the phone number for the NY State Police on there (1-855-529-4867) with the note that if you have any questions to give them a call. I say we blow it up and ask all the questions that were asked in the letter and wait for acceptable answers.....might be waiting awhile but....
Sounds good to me....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
"Your concerns will be taken under advisement as the new law is implemented."
Implemented!?

Don't you take things under advisement PRIOR to implementation? So to translate, "Your concerns mean absolutely NOTHING to the governor and we are IMPLEMENTING this law regardless. Suck it!"
Precisely my sentiments! When I read that one statement, I shook my head and just thought, "WOW! How much of a 'Sorry, Sir, but F**K YOU' statement is THAT??"

Very nice, very nice!!! I like the way you think!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts