Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 FXDW g will not start for me only clicks got a brand new battery in it put a tester on between my ground and battery and I had a draw on the circuitry and I pulled the fuses and the one that was pulling the juice I removed it it is a brown and gray wire and it goes to a box Delphi box and I ran an ohms test on that which I don't know if it was the right or wrong thing to do but those two wires in there that any type of reading it was like five six three and that was a violet wire and a brown wire I believe they are both term signal wires. What should I be looking for why is it not starting for me?

·
Old Skool
586 Posts
Hey Bill, check and clean the connections on the Starter and the frame. Does the Battery have 13+ Volts. My connection on the Starter was 1/2 a turn loose.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
2003 FXDW g will not start for me only clicks got a brand new battery in it put a tester
Wow, a bunch of mumbo jumbo there...stop, you are chasing your tail.

If you are ready to actually troubleshoot, let us know...

Reactions: EvoRK

·
Retired citizen
24,137 Posts
2003 FXDW g will not start for me only clicks got a brand new battery in it put a tester on between my ground and battery and I had a draw on the circuitry and I pulled the fuses and the one that was pulling the juice I removed it it is a brown and gray wire and it goes to a box Delphi box and I ran an ohms test on that which I don't know if it was the right or wrong thing to do but those two wires in there that any type of reading it was like five six three and that was a violet wire and a brown wire I believe they are both term signal wires. What should I be looking for why is it not starting for me?
How much draw between the negative cable and the battery terminal ? 15 - 20 mA is acceptable.
The brown and violet wires are for the directionals and will show resistance normally.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
One good troubleshooting technique is to NOT look at things you don't know what to expect. You will learn nothing, waste time and could cause further damage. Also, and I am guilty of this too, look at the simple stuff first. KISS; keep it simple, stupid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts