Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2300 mile adventure was a trip of a lifetime for me. What a beatiful region of the world! It all started by leaving Long Island (my home) via the Port Jefferson ferry.

An old Inn near the ferry. The Danfords Inn

After the ferry ride we rode hard all the way to belfast Maine where we were rewarded with great food , live music , and a great views

Aview from my hotel room in Belfast

The second night in Bar Harbor Maine was great with this view from the room. Thats the bay of Fundy past the fog.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Looks like a great trip! How long were you on the road?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We left the next morning on the CAT

Our first rest stop in Novia Scotia. Believe it or not the food was great!

Made our way from Yarmouth to Halifax. The weather changes every five minutes in this rugged land.

We made our way to Peggy's Cove

Some thought this lady was crazy. I thought she was awesome!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From Peggy's Cove we headed to Cape Brenton Island where our next hotel and the Cabot Trail are located.

I was told to watch out for moose on this Island but didnt see any

We made it to the Cabot Trail. This is a friend, Sim.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some views from the trail

Some days were better than others. This is my buddies helmet that rolled off his seat at a remote gas station.

We then rode into New Brunswick and sayed a night in Moncton. A very nice city. Rode down the other side of the Bay of Fundy back into the USA to stay one more night in Augusta Maine before returning home. If you ever get the chance to go to Nova Scotia, Do it!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
ED! ED! ED!
We've been toying with at trip up that way and your report has certainly made it more enticing! We are blessed to have such spectacular coastal regions on both northern sides of our continent!

·
Ayubowan!
115 Posts
Wow nice pictures. looks like lots of fog.:ride

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, but it's easy to take nice pics with subject matter this nice! Here's a few more

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great pictures, looking to take trip this summer. Will use hotels you mentioned. Do you have a list of your stops? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
That looks like an awesome trip, thanks for posting the pics.

·
Fast Lane Crew
438 Posts
Right on. Great photos.

Planning on doing this ride this summer. Have a brother that lives in Nova Scotia, so will be down east for at least a month.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Just a little bit envy. Not much but enough to hurt :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for reporting on your trip. It looks like it would be a good ride. Maybe someday . . .

'dale

1 - 16 of 16 Posts