Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have read hundreds if not thousands of posts and replies all pertaining to do with what is required. I own a 2013 Electra glide , ultra classic.
I have Rinehart slip ons installed to give it a better sound, I own two sets of head pipes, the stock set currently on the bike and a de- catted set that I was planning to install to try to cool it down a bit.
I have read that I don't need to do anything with the EFI mapping or tune to it , others say I would be stupid to not get it Dyno tuned. I have read about the XIeds and every tuner imaginable. The only other mod I plan on doing is a better air cleaner.
So long story short, what do I need to make sure the bike will run fine. I don't want to take a chance of messing an expensive bike up ,but I also don't want to put a ton of cash into it unless it is required.
Any input would be great.
Thanks

·
Banned
71 Posts
I have read hundreds if not thousands of posts and replies all pertaining to do with what is required. I own a 2013 Electra glide , ultra classic.
I have Rinehart slip ons installed to give it a better sound, I own two sets of head pipes, the stock set currently on the bike and a de- catted set that I was planning to install to try to cool it down a bit.
I have read that I don't need to do anything with the Eli mapping or tune to it would be stupid to not get it Dino tuned. I have read about the XIeds and every tuner imaginable. The only other mod I plan on doing is a better air cleaner.
So long story short, what do I need to make sure the bike will run fine. I don't want to take a chance of messing an expensive bike up but I also don't want to put a ton of cash into it unless it is required.
Any input would be great.
Thanks
Install the xieds and you'll be fine . Cheapest way to go . :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Agree with Xied's, but if you go to a high flow air filter, you will need a Fuel Pak (Vance and Hines) or some type of fuel management. Its better than a download or dyno tuning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would a simple change to a K&N filter leaving the rest of the AC stock be considered high air ?
I would think that in itself would not require anything further.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a 2012 FLHTCU e/w 4" slip-ons and an S & S hi-flow A/C and XIEDs.
The problem w/XIEDs is anytime you crack the throttle at idle the engine falls on its face, backfires, etc,b/c the ECM map hasn't been changed to compensate for the high air/fuel mix. Acceleration from a stop is somewhat sluggish as well.
The XIEDs provide a richer mix only in closed loop (cruise) mode.
So I'm considering which fuel mgmnt system to purchase to correct the issue.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I would be a bit apprehensive about running the de-catted header along with that K&N filter and the Rineharts without addressing the fuel system in some way.

The K&N filter is not stage 1, but it does flow better than stock, add that to the open header and you're going to have a much less restricted system.

You may not see the heat reduction you want either. There'll be no cat to retain the heat, but the bike will likely make more heat than before.

If you aren't going to add fuel, I would leave the cat in place.

Adding a tuner is definitely worth the money. If you call a place like Fuel Moto USA and tell them your setup, they'll send you one already loaded with a good map. It's a 15-20 minute installation tops.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts