Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got me a 2016 Street Bob and immediately got upgrades for it. I went with the V&H Short Shots and an RSD Clarity intake. I also got the FP3 for the added mods. My question is on the O2 Sensors and whether to keep them or plug the holes and disconnect the sensors all together? I have been told with a fuel management controller like the FP3 the O2 sensors can be removed and the holes for them plugged. I did this yesterday and I'm getting 2 DTC's for the sensors after I downloaded the map for the bike. I rode it for a bit and it runs good and I have hardly any decel pop, but the DTC's are still present. I was told by another person that the O2 sensors should be left in with the FP3 because they are used for the auto tune feature? Anybody have more insight on this or have any experience with this? O2 sensor eliminators are a thought but not sure if they are compatible with the FP3 seeing as how I can't find any on the Vance & Hines website. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,846 Posts
Your sensors are not reading any thing. Codes will continue. This could mask another issue with warning light constantly on if you assume its just the O2 sensors causing it.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Keep the O2 sensors in. Unless the tuning system comes with wideband O2 sensors or specifically says to disable the factory narrowband O2 sensors, keep them installed and hooked up.

Reactions: SoftailBilly

·
Registered
19 Posts
Keep the O2 sensors in. Unless the tuning system comes with wideband O2 sensors or specifically says to disable the factory narrowband O2 sensors, keep them installed and hooked up.
If you keep the O2 sensors in along with the power commander map wouldn't the oem ecu continue to sabotage the proper air/fuel mixture set by the power commander map??

·
Registered
944 Posts
No, It will keep the fuel ratio levels trimmed to what the Power Commander wants during weather condition changes (heat, humidity, altitude).

Reactions: SoftailBilly
1 - 5 of 5 Posts