Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was deployed a few years back and my wife went to move my Heritage in the garage. She underestimated the weight and knocked it over where it laid and bled until the neighbor was able to come over and help pick it up. Anyhow,,,

All that broke was the RH rear view mirror. She didn't want to tell me what happened and chose to just fix it. She got a replacement and my neighbor installed it. All was good.

Soooo, went for a post deployment ride and it kinda freaked me out for a bit. The new mirror is just a mirror but the stock one is a magnified, appear closer mirror. This is crazy. I look in the left and the car behind me looked way closer than when I look in the right. Thought I was crazy for having never noticed. She told me when I explained my suspected bout of craziness.

Bored at work, felt like a good time to rant even though it was awhile ago.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
That will drive a man crazy! You change something little like that and it can make all the difference. I would be a little mad though...no one works on my bike but me and if I can't do it the dealer! That being said it was all good intentioned so you can't blame her for that!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yea def would have been an o sh$t moment. Didn't know some mirrors aren't magnified or say "objects appear closer" Being you got home safe, it is a kinda funny story. Did she buy the mirror at an HD dealer?

·
Super Moderator
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, she got it at the dealer. It doesn't have the "objects appear closer" warning like I have seen on other mirrors. It was never a saftey issue, just a sanity check. It is still like that, I never got the correct one.

I wasn't mad at her. ..... too much :cowdung

·
Registered
47 Posts
The mirror she replaced is not magnified it is just a regular mirror. the stock mirror which was broken was a convex mirror. it makes objects seem farther away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts