Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Today Nov 1:st is the ground covered with snow here. Just a couble of weeks ago I took a nice ride I'll like to share with you.
It's a short ride to the Island of Tjoern on the West coast of Sweden today.

The bridge I crosses replaces a bridge that was hit by a big ship 1980. It was pitch dark and the first few cars comming didn't understand that the bridge was gone, and drove over the edge.
It was a 150ft drop!
Eight people died.

Every time I pass that bridge, I shiver.

Anyway, here's the map:

I did follow it in general, but made a few detours to find roads with as few cagers as possible...

The film is here, enjoy!

http://www.hddeluxe.se/video/tjoern/tjoernweb.wmv

Hope that it will be a new subforum with videos from rides:ride

·
Registered
679 Posts
That's amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing!!! What a story about that bridge...wow...I can't believe there were some cars that went over the edge...eeek:eek: Anyway, thank you for posting this :) We live in North Dallas, and I know there are some beautiful places to ride in Texas..but the really nice parts to ride in are a few hours from here, so when Rob and I ride..we will put about 100+ miles on the bikes, but don't get out of the metroplex!!! So it's really nice to see some video of other areas of the world!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Thanks for the post Bernt... the ride video and maps. Top shelf. Again, good to see you here, and how about that... all your riding this past summer. I remember last winter as you patiently waited for the bike to arrive.

We may add a video or ride reports section.

And for what it is worth, you'll get no sympathy from me on snow!!! I had over 1/2 a meter fall a week ago :).

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Steve,
Nice to be here. We talked about canned memories a while ago. Thats what I tried to do this summer, and I'll share some of them later on.
And Yes, the bike is good, and will get better all the time. Now I have some time to work and order some new stuff to make it perfect.

Cupcake, thanks for the nice words. I'll post some more vids later on. Stay tuned...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry EZE Rider,
I changed internet provider some time ago. This link is osolete. BUT I'll fix that in a day or two.. Somehow...

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Bad news for me but I could not get your october ride video to play. What format? I went to the video area of your web site and I could play other videos but not that one. I watched Die Zugspitsblick higher resolution.
Great views on that one!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, strange. I'll try to fix it...
Yes, Zugspizblick is awesome!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I tried to use a windows format .wmv but have changed it to mp4.
Try again please.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
That worked. I found it in the meantime.
You've been torturing me with these ride reports as our first week of spring promises snow and temperatures in the 20's.
Keep them coming!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I didnt want to mess up your shiny new thread with a complaint so I posted it here. Now she works like a charm!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts