Harley Davidson Forums banner

odd but stupid qst

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  vlade 
#1 ·
As you may or may not know I now have a 04 1200C (YES!)
Im the 3rd Owner, 1st guy was Army who traded up, then it went into the hand of the couple who I got it from. Who from what I can tell didnt really ride it much only 7770miles on it. It has slip on screaming eagle II slip on's but the air intake looks stock. If there had been a upgrade to the air intake what would I be looking for? Part number or markings?
Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
I have a 05 XL1200C Which I got 2nd hand with screaming eagle II and what looks like a stock airfilter. I bought the screaming eagle air filter and found out that they are exactly similar with same part no to the one I have. I retuned them back to the dealer. They did not comment on this. I was advised by friends to replace it with K&N airfilter. I am sharing this because I had the same case as you. No plans to change them in the near future. The bike performance is good as is.

#3 · (Edited)
.... but the air intake looks stock. If there had been a upgrade to the air intake what would I be looking for? Part number or markings?
Thanks for the help.

The air INTAKE goes from the throttlebody to the heads.

Are you referring to the Aircleaner or filter?

#4 ·
should of made it clear (sorry )

The air cleaner is what Im asking about.
Just odd to have the slip-on's without any mod made for bringing air in.
Either way I'll be putting the K&N on it soon. Just still trying to get a idea of whats been done to it.
Thanks

#5 ·
The stock AC will have a black plastic surround behind the chrome ham can that completly encases the filter itself The Ham can lips into plastic grooves on rear surround , a small air intake port will be at the bottomish front. With the SE you should be able to see/feel the filter element as only a metal backing plate that spans just to the edge of the filter is used and the same Ham can fits on top of the filter without contact any where else. I'd almost bet the K and N would fit the SE assembly.

Might mention with the SE air filter kit you dont get a new chrome ham can but you get a fancy trim piece (says screamin chicken) that fits where the stock "1200" trim piece does inside the detented area, but some people may not put it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.