Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inherited my Dad's 1998 95th Anniversary FLSTS Heritage Springer after he passed in June of this year. It had been stored for over 10 years. She's up and running like new with no mechanical issues. I've got an HD dealership local but was curious on what other quality sites I should look at before replacing things like the lights, cosmetic chrome pieces, etc... Thanks for any guidance.
Chris

·
Registered
23,045 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Much thanks Candyman. Did the required mileage Harley Service protocol on it. Bike is in amazing condition just needs minor cosmetic stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
14,000 miles. I took it straight from my dads garage to the Harley mechanics and just got it back today. Mechanic told me to ride it for about 300 miles to make sure we didn’t have any leaks or mechanical breakdowns and then get it detailed. I haven’t taken any pictures yet but once I do I’ll post them.

·
Registered
23,045 Posts
If I had a choice of OEM or Aftermarket parts, I'll go with OEM , they usually costs more , but the fit & finish are much better , and the Harley dealer a mile and a half away adds a small amount of convenience.
Aftermarket often means Made in China , and often need modification to fit , and poor finish.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For stuff like lights and chrome, I would go with OE. The Harley web site lists some parts, you can browse around there, but dealerships have thick catalogs with many more parts listed than they show online. I'd go to the dealership with a list of what you need/want and see what they can find. JMO. Sorry about your father's death.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts