Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Col. Dan Showalter (USMC retired) explained the following to me about two years ago in Afghanistan:

• Women wear pants
  • Gays wear slacks
  • Men wear trousers
Dan is best friends with Lee Ermy (the renowned Gunny) and the force of his personality if even stronger than Lee's, if you can believe it, so taking Dan's direction to heart, I felt compelled to share the following observation and pronouncement.

Trousers should fit comfortably, in a manner that makes them effective for their intended purpose without trying to make any sort of political or social commentary.

My understanding is that the current style of loose-fitting, over sized droopy drawers are an emulation of prisoners in holding cells after an arrest who are forced to surrender their belts. Unbelievable that, in our great Nation, we actually have a cultural impetus based on this nonsense.

My conviction is that wearing your trousers around your knees instead of your waist is also a convenient way of hiding a big fat ass.

Therefore my official pronouncement on this fine Saturday morning as I prepare to muster my household to do some aggressive lawn work:

Men's trousers and women's pants should fit correctly according to a conventional definition, meaning that they should be cinched around the waist using some form of belt, and they should use the minimum amount of material to achieve this.

If you want to look like a prisoner, you are clearly a stupid fat ass and your opinion is worthless.

Thank you all for your willingness to allow me to step on my soap box briefly; I am now content to leave this issue to lie.

·
Alberta Strong
4,478 Posts
Once you mentioned Lee Ermy I couldn't help but read the rest using his voice.
I also agree with the post.:nod

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,327 Posts
Good night ladys

And thanks for the interesting observations and opinion.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm told the sag is actually an advertisement in the prison community... if these kids actually knew what they were advertising lol

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Not to mention that it makes it really hard to run after you've committed whatever crime you're about to commit if you wear your pants like that.

That being said, if I was forced at gunpoint to choose loose baggy saggy pants or "skinny" jeans, I am going baggy everytime.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
38,848 Posts
What are "skinny" jeans?

Will they make my ass look smaller when I wear chaps?

·
Registered
38,848 Posts
Got it.... so they would make me look like a Salvador Dali painting.....

Think I'll go with the baggy jeans too.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Probably, now if you wanna be stylin, grab you some skinny jeans, and a emo shirt, the on top of that get you some baggy sweat pants, preferably roko wear or southpole, and sang them, and a big baggu sweatshirt to match, and dont forget the timberlands laced but not tied. And ball cap, flat bill 5950... worn sideways. Then you can be cool anywhere you go....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38,848 Posts
Nah.... I have enough problems deciding if I should wave or not when on the bike!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,344 Posts
At my age and current shape, getting jeans to fit comfortably without falling off what's left of the rear is becoming such a challenge that I have seriously considered Bubba type bib overalls.Now that is something that for me totally sucks ditch water.

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
At my age and current shape, getting jeans to fit comfortably without falling off what's left of the rear is becoming such a challenge that I have seriously considered Bubba type bib overalls.Now that is something that for me totally sucks ditch water.
Ain't nothin' like a good, loose, broke-in (almost wore out) pair of Liberty overalls. In fact, I just wore out a pair and now I gotta get a new pair. I just hate breakin'em in. The only thing I can think of that might be more comfortable, is a Scottish kilt.:)

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,388 Posts
Its the kids running around in tight clothes, kinda like goth, dark clothes hair and makeup, listen to all the emotional music, screen and cry and stuff, i dont get it but there are some hot goth chicks.....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Try'n to behave
5,842 Posts
Ain't nothin' like a good, loose, broke-in (almost wore out) pair of Liberty overalls. In fact, I just wore out a pair and now I gotta get a new pair. I just hate breakin'em in. The only thing I can think of that might be more comfortable, is a Scottish kilt.:)
I don't recommend riding in a kilt....especially if your traditional. brave.gif

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,091 Posts
Anybody wear suspenders? I still wear a belt, but with no ass

and wanting to carry IWB, there's almost no alternative, IMHO.

I like these "trucker" suspenders, and they're not in the way of my IWB

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
:think Now I know why they call them ¨Capri Pants¨.:laugh

Nathang: I wear suspenders with my riding pan... OOPS! I mean trousers. Those truckers ones look like they would be comfortable. Where can you buy them?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts