Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks. I've had just about enough YouTube videos of the exact same V&H short shots on Nightsters and Reinharts on the rest of the XL1200s (not that either are bad). What's your opinion?

For an XL1200, what are the BEST pipes? Describe why, the sound, your baffles, the performance improvements, where you got them, etc. And also, if they come in black!

I think this will help all of us new Harley and new Sportster owners.

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
333 Posts
In my opinion it's the bassani pro streets,they do have baffles and are still pretty loud. They are also a performance 3 stepped header design for power! not just noise. To me there's not a better looking,working or sounding pipe out there. They run a little over 600 bucks and work great with my SERT. Oh yes they do come in black!!! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
333 Posts
they are only a 2 stepped design, 3 is better, especially with fuel and air mods. I personally don't like the turn down on the ends either. but that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are some other three-step designs? I thought I read somewhere Samsons were three-step. Are the V&H sideshots three-step? I don't really like the Bassani pro-streets all that much honestly (if I'm looking at the right set-up where they sort of go under the foot rest). With the Bassanis, you also have to decide if you want the mid- or forward-control set-up. I have mids now, but will get forwards in the winter. I love the downward facing/groundpounder look... I love the spray of dust when you rev the engine on a dusty road or something!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Samson website says they are 2. I like the clean look of the pro streets and the length helps performance over the shorts. Vance and hines doesn't say on their website if they are a 3 step design. The best for performance are a 2 into one, but most people agree, they are very ugly and sound awful. Hope this helps you in your search.

·
Registered
40,768 Posts
V&H sideshots are non-stepped, I used to run them on my bike... not for very long tho. Couldn't get a decent tune out of them (part of that is because I am running a cam with huge overlap), but they do look cool.

Back before you could buy them already black.

Personally, I love the way my 2:1 sounds... especially when I get on the throttle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts