Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well lets just say me and my neighbour have had some issues in the past. Today i get home to find some dog shit in my drive, clearly thrown there from his lawn. Well before i say anything yep i get it my dog my problem totaly get that. But this is the deal someof his lawn is on my land, not alot but about ten feet. Fair amount considering his lawn on that side is forty feet at best. Wait gets better, last year i am widing my drive way. The guy doing the work calls me said he just hit the neighbours drain feild for his septic. I tell the neighbour no worries we will just route it down the feild in the old ditch.so hisrun off into my drive and i let it be. I give the guy plently of time to fix it and make it right, he doesnt so i do. Pissed me offa little but i say nothing. Now we havehad druken words before. Now this today i am fit to be tied, feel like the guy is calling me out. Like he wants trouble. I am sitting on mydeck waiting for this guy to pull in....so do iknock this guy out , do i say nothing. Defintely feel like this guy is daring me to say something....advise

·
Señor Member
19,665 Posts
I can't say anything funnier than Tex, so I'll give serious advice for once.

I think you gotta talk all this out man to man. No need to be pissed at a neighbor. Figure out together how to make it right. My guess is he's a bit stressed about it too and you'll both appreciate a mends.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we had words, almosr came to blows but it didnt.he wanted to go, i said i didnt but i would. He seem to calm down after that, i said listen bud i dont want to go down this road, told him he didnt scare me or i was afaird to do what had to be done. He said ok what can we do, told him i do my best to keep the dog in the yard. He said he throw the crap else where, shook hands and that was it. Not sure what to think of it all really. Am i that old now i dont want to fight, did i really try to find another way. Wow i am in a littleshock right now...

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
I personally love the "killing with kindness thing" nothing pisses someone off more than them being furious at you and you playing it off as if they are your best friend. Has worked for me in the past!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Guitarslinger
3,316 Posts
sounds like things went well. you both had a say and hopefully things will work itself out .

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
i say take a chit on the hood of his car next time he leaves it in the driveway, when he comes to your house to b*tch about it , then knock him out:spar

·
Señor Member
19,665 Posts
Well done, buddy. Now keep your end of the bargain. :thumb

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
who takes care of the section of yard where your dog took a dump? I know you said it's your land but without a fence I'd be pissed if I stepped in your dogs crap while cutting your lawn. just sayin.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
totaly agree who ever takes care of the lawn is in the right. I take total blame for the actions of my dog. My dog, my dogs crap my problem. I get that and I really have no issue with keeping an eye on my dog and his actions. Just boiled up bad blood is all it was and this was the icing on the cake. I did what did to try and keep the peace. Over all I am guessing the guys make than likely an OK guy. Just we seem to butt heads. anyways its over now, no fights and I gonna clean the crap....

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
To be honest..I have to keep my dog on a run....long story ..he won't stay home....but nothing piss's me off more than going out in "my" yard and stepping in dog crap.....and not my dogs crap...so I can see both sides here....:bluduh

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Buddy ya did good, I've been down the road of whizzing matches with neighbors, it never ends well, agree to disagree is about the best way to go.. I know this well.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i say take a chit on the hood of his car next time he leaves it in the driveway, when he comes to your house to b*tch about it , then knock him out:spar
yup yup put it on his friggin door step. i did that once this neighbor was throwing his junk around my house i got the tractor loaded all of it up then to his front door it went told him next time its in your house never had a problem again.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
Maybe you could get or rent an invisible fence, lay it down and then put the collar on the dog and train him. A few times near the fence and he will learn to stay away. Takes a couple weeks of training and then take the invisible fence stuff back. The dog won't test the area and your property with your neighbors lawn on it will stay clean.

Personally, I'd call a surveyor to restake the property line, let your neighbor know you are gonna put up a fence to help keep your dog on your property and he needs to move his drain field before you dig it up to plant a tree.
Then if he's still acting tough, have a couple dozen forum members come over on Harleys and have a bar-b-que and beer at your place so he can see you have a couple dozen crazy friends that would back you up.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I'm a grown man, I'm only gonna fight someone if I have no other choice than to defend myself.

Talking it out with him was the right move for all parties involved.
Right on Ape. And given the capacity to reason, I'm going to use another method of conflict resolution. And I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with a skunk.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts