Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 years of riding on the air shocks and reading about better alternatives, I finally bit the bullet and order a set of ohlin 2a shocks from motorcycle metal (howard). I took a quick solo ride today and searched for every bump i could find. Although I set up the shocks for 2 up riding, I will say, my solo ride exceeded my expectations and I look forward to a 2 up test ride and further dialing them in. I almost forgot.....the sag set up helped me get about a quarter inch or so lower.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
.......the sag set up helped me get about a quarter inch or so lower.

Which definitely helps when you are short. :)

Anything is better than stock shocks, Ohlins are at the top of the food chain tho. Congrats!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sweet looking forward to your input after some time on them. That is honestly one of two dislikes I have with my SG. The other is the heat off the pipes even though I removed the cat.

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much you and the wife weigh, Jax? What's your scooter?
That's kinda personal yon.
13 streetglide. I'm 190 (solid effn muscle and very good looking) and the better half is about 140. These shocks were middle of the road in terms of all the available options. Total cost including ups delivery was 615.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I went with JRI 13Bs. Very similar to Ohlins. Also got them from Howard.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well....momma is a huge fan of the new shocks. It took about 20 minute for her to chime in and say she is riding in luxury. The bumps are incredibly dampened. I wish I did this 2 years ago. By far the best 600 bucks spent. I have seen this same comment countless times and said, ya right. Now i am one making the same comment. And The added bonus of being lowered about a qtr inch that I sorely needed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts