Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having this while riding lately having oil on my rear exhaust near the top whenever I ride I have sat there and revved the engine and watched every little spot but can't find a leak. But every time I ride it's on the exhaust pipe. Can't figure out where it's coming from. Any ideas? Probably just gonna take it in to the shop....also it's not carryover or blown from the airfilter. Bothering me because it can sit stationary being revved and no leaks then I ride 3 miles and it leaks.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Might be trans or primary if it's related to motion.

--

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You didn't say what year your sporty is. Not sure about the newer ones, but; the older ones have an overactive chain oiler. Check it and see if you can turn it off. See if that gets it done.
Bob

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
You probably can't locate the leak because your stationary, when you start to ride, wherever this oil is coming from is actually blowing onto your pipes. I had my primary gasket quit, blew primary fluid all over my rear brakes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took it to my friends shop (who did the 1250 install) he retorked the bolts. We went out for about 80 miles and no leaks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts