Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, we just bought my daughter a 2007 dyna low rider with 2845 original miles and want to change the oil in it. the oil in it now is real clean but want to change it anyways. my question is , do i now use syn. oil or reg oil 20 x 50 weight because of the low miles? how many miles should be on a harley engine before it is considered broken in? i have never had this situation before as all my harleys have been well broken in when i bought them. I am a big Amsoil oil guy but i don't even know if they make regular oil for bikes so i could use your expert advice. we are also looking for a sissy bar for her bike and if any of you have one get in touch with us.

·
Just Ride
3,254 Posts
O boy another oil thread. Put in what you plan on using the rest of the time you/she gonna own it.
Sissy bars are all over the place, pick one and be done.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Put whatever oil you are happy with in it. At 500 miles the rings should be seated fine.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the site

Click the Forum tab at the top of the page then scroll down to OIL & Filters there more info their then you can stand it should answer your question's

Good luck and happy choosing a new oil

·
Old Crow (Crowbait)
9 Posts
With those miles, use the syn now and forever in in all three locations! I could go into a lot of complicated reasons why, but the bottom line....for her bike and its future, its syn all the way Baby! :)

·
Just Ride
3,254 Posts
Be sure to use gear oil in trans

1 - 6 of 6 Posts