Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed I had some oil splotches on my battery cover, and some oil on the bottom outside of my air breather. Took the cover off and had some residual oil in the bottom. The filter was wet with oil on the bottom. Blew it out and wiped it down.
Is this normal, or is there something brewing? As I type this, I need to recheck the oil level...but I have not changed it yet, from picking it up from the Harley dealer.
It's a 2012 Switchback.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
Noticed I had some oil splotches on my battery cover, and some oil on the bottom outside of my air breather. Took the cover off and had some residual oil in the bottom. The filter was wet with oil on the bottom. Blew it out and wiped it down.
Is this normal, or is there something brewing? As I type this, I need to recheck the oil level...but I have not changed it yet, from picking it up from the Harley dealer.
It's a 2012 Switchback.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Know how to check the oil cold or hot. It is different for each. I betcha it was overfilled.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Know how to check the oil cold or hot. It is different for each. I betcha it was overfilled.
This is a good possibility.

Some oil misting in the A/C is normal. The crankcase is vented there.
Yours does sound a bit extreme.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts