Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up people I am new here and also a new rider. I just bought a used Harley-Davidson from a dealer and I am having some issues already. After a few days of riding I found that one of the bolts for the exhaust broken off in the Head so they replaced the head and spring. Got it back and took it out for a ride about 90 miles and now the oil light is coming in and out. I just need some advice as to what my next step should be. They offered to upgrade my motor when they were fixing the head but I said no because I don’t have the money to do that right now. Any advice

·
Old Skool
453 Posts
CHECK THE OIL! Did you get any kind of Warranty? I bought a Bike a couple years ago, 1400 Mi. Harley had just Serviced it, Nearly a Quart Low on Oil........

·
Senior Flatulant
911 Posts
I get it , But should that be in issues 2 days out from the shop?

You won't know if you don't check ... The oil could have been just above the 'red light level' when you got the bike and it's down now.

It could be, they lost a bit of oil when doing the work and didn't think the amount would be enough ... If your tank was full.

No dealer checks every single nut, bolt, or washer on a used bike.

They probably got it on a trade cheap and "had" a few dollars 'wiggle room' for when they sold it. I'll bet they didn't foresee the bolt problem either.

Also, Welcome from PA!

And by the way ... We LIKE pictures!!

Cheers,
Smoketown

1 - 4 of 4 Posts