Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to mount the oil psi gauge to the rear rocker box cover. I`ve got a 96 road king . so whats the pros & cons ? flex line , chrome tube type ? whos happy with theirs and whos not ? need to be schooled on this . thanks guys...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I mounted mine on the case, then with an adaptor I put the dummy light switch on too, the switch on top. I just don't trust having the oil line that long to reach my rocker box. I know someone that has it and it's ok, but not my thing.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I don't have a RK, but I've been running the HD oil gauge kit mounted on the rocker box. I used Russell braided lines. What ever you do, don't use the stupid little plastic oil line that many kits come with. That's a major problem looking for a place to happen

I have a Jerzee Custom shroud that hides the bottom of the gauge.

The only problem I've had in 6 years is the HD gauge leaked all the glycerine. I ran it dry for 2 years and it finally got so yellow that it was impossible to read. I replaced the gauge with an AutoMeter gauge from the local speed shop.(sorry it's blurry, stupid cell camera!)

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
This is the kit from HD. The only draw back is that when my feet are on the ground it presses into my thigh.

The black flex tubing is almost invisible and installation was simple.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1366764089.466794.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gives enough knee room while cruising ? thanks for the heads up...looks good looks like what I`m looking for ..

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just installed the Jerzee Customs kit a few days ago. It's exactly like deucedog's pics. Kit comes with Russell braided SS line, all fittings and about a half dozen gauge faces to choose from for about 120 bucks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts